No. of Serving: 3
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Mango Frappe Ingredients:
1 medium whole ripe mango (12 ounces), peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
¾ cup orange juice
¼ cup lime juice
1-¼ cup of club soda
2 ice cubes
Mango Frappe Recipe:
- Make a puree of the sliced mangoes by blending them in a mixer.
- To this mango puree, add the orange juice and lime juice and blend all together until smooth.
- After that, add the club soda and ice cubes to it and blend again just until the ice is slightly crushed.
- Pour this drink in a tall glass and serve chilled.
Mango Health Benefits:
- Mango frappe is a very easy drink to make and is a great refresher especially during summers. There are also variations of this drink that include other fruits. You can experiment with various other fruits as well depending on your tastes.
- You can eat mangoes raw or ripe or have it as a juice. You can also make a dish out of it with other ingredients.
- Along with that, this drink has considerable nutritional value because it is rich in a variety of phytochemicals and nutrients.
- The nutritional value derived from this mango drink per serving is as follows: calories- 83, 1 gram protein, 27 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 gram dietary fiber, 18 grams sugar and 22 grams carbohydrates.
- The pulp of this fruit is high in vitamin C, prebiotic dietary fiber, polyphenols and so on.
- The phenolic compound that is present in mangoes has very powerful antioxidant and anti cancer properties.
- Mango is also very helpful in relieving clogged pores of the skin and since it is high in iron, it is also said to be very useful for pregnant women as well as people suffering from anemia.
- There are certain enzymes in raw mangoes that help improve digestion and treat acidity. Also, mango juice has shown to destroy viruses.
- It is recommended to have mango juice while suffering from bacterial infections, constipation, heart diseases, mental fatigue, stress, diarrhea, eye disorders, and menstrual disorders.
- Since this fruit is high in calories and carbohydrates, it is recommended for those who want to gain weight.
- It is not only the pulp but also the peel of the mango that contain most of the antioxidants so if you are not allergic to it; the peel can bring you a dozen benefits. You are, however, not supposed to eat the peels but apply it to your face.
- Mangoes contain vitamin C which helps in the correct functioning of the hormonal system. This fruit, therefore, is rightly called the “The King of the Fruit”.