Lemon Herb Tilapia With Zucchini Recipe
No. of Servings: 4
Preparation time: half an hour
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Lemon Herb Tilapia Ingredients:
½ cup lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon dried thyme
12 ½ ounces (net from 16 ounce fresh) tilapia fillets
2 small zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthwise
1 tablespoon margarine
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- First of all, pre heat your oven to 400 degrees. Mix the lemon juice, chopped garlic, and herbs in a medium sized bowl or a heavy duty lip top plastic bag and add the fish to the mixture.
- Cover or seal it and allow it to marinade in the refrigerator for around 15 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the marinade, retaining the remainders of the marinade.
- Take an aluminum foil sheet and spray it with cooking spray and place two fillets of fish on the aluminum foil, topping it with half of zucchini.
- Then repeat this procedure with another layer of fish and the remaining zucchini and sprinkle a few chunks of margarine on the top of the fish along with a drizzle of ¼ cup of the remaining marinade over the top.
- In the end, sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper.
- Bring the sides of the foil on top, seal it, place it on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 20 minutes.
Lemon Herb Tilapia With Zucchini Health Benefits:
- This recipe contains a calorie content of 152 and is high in potassium, phosphorous, selenium, vitamin C and vitamin B12.
- Selenium and vitamin B12 are very essential for the proper functioning of cells.
- Tilapia constitutes a great diet recipe as it is an excellent source of protein and low in carbohydrates.
- It also has a low sodium content along with a low fat and low calorie content.
- Tilapia also plays a crucial role in muscle building diets especially for patients who are in recovery and therapy and are rebuilding muscles.
- People suffering from heart diseases, arthritis, asthma and other diseases particularly vulnerable to inflammation should minimize their consumption as this fish contains high levels of omega-6 fats.
- Zucchini botanically is a fruit but is treated as a vegetable. It has a number of health benefits and is particularly helpful to cure asthma as it contains vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant.
- Making this vegetable a part of your diet is essential as it provides protection against colon cancer and heart diseases.
- It contains lutein which is good for the eyes.