Recipe For Peaches
No. of Servings: 12
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
3 cups all purpose flour
1 ¼ cup sugar, divided
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup cold butter or margarine
2 cans canned peaches (29 ounces), drained
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the topping:
4 egg yolks
2 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl along with the butter. Mix these ingredients well until the mixture resembles thick crumbs.
- Put this mixture in a long baking dish and arrange the peaches over the crust.
- Mix the cinnamon and remaining sugar and dust it upon the peaches.
- Bake this in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix the egg yolks and sour cream and after baking the crust for 15 minutes, remove it from the oven and generously spread this mixture over the peaches followed by a drizzle of cinnamon and sugar.
- Allow it to bake for another 30 to 35 minutes or until turned golden brown and you can serve it either warm or cold depending on your taste.
Peaches Health Benefits:
- The above mentioned recipe is ideal for a perfect peach dessert at the end of a meal but it is important to know that it is high in calories. Therefore, it is advised that you do not try it if you are on a low fat diet.
- Peaches are great to eat and are full of flavor and are tender, juicy and have a buttery texture. Besides all of this, it has a number of nutritional values and health benefits which make it ideal for maintaining optimum health and losing weight.
- Fresh and frozen peaches are said to be best but if you are going in for canned peaches, it is suggested you go for the ones packed in fruit juice rather than the syrup.
- Canned peaches are packed either in water, juice, light syrup or heavy syrup and peaches packed in heavy syrups are sweeter and have more sugar and calories in it.
- Peaches Nutrition Facts – Peaches are a great source for vitamin A and C.
- They are low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium and high in dietary fiber, niacin and potassium.
- Peaches are rich in phytochemicals that are very essential for a healthy skin and primarily act as antioxidants, ridding the body of free radicals.
Know more about health benefits of peaches.