Cinnamon Oil Mini Muffin Recipes
No. of Servings: 24
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Cinnamon Cake Ingredients:
All purpose flour – 1 or 11/2 cups as per requirement
1/2 cup of fine sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 a teaspoon of finely ground nutmeg powder
1/2 cup of milk from which the fat has been removed
1/3 cup of melted butter, preferably not salted butter
1/2 teaspoon of all spice ground
1 egg beaten lightly
For the topping:
- 1/2 a teaspoon f finely ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsalted melted butter
- Take a large bowl and put in the flour, sugar, salt, ground nutmeg and all spice. Mix together and now add the baking powder and stir again. Now put in the milk, egg and the melted butter. Stir well till all the ingredients have mixed nicely and are completely moist. Take the mini muffin cups and grease them well with cooking grease or a little butter.
- Spoon the mixture into the cups and bake for about 15 minutes at 400 degree C till they are done. In order to make the topping, mix the cinnamon powder and sugar together. Dab the butter onto the top of the muffins and now sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon on top. Serve hot.
- If, however, you wish to serve them at a later date, you can seal them in heavy-duty re-sealable plastic bags and freeze them. They should go un-spoilt for about two months. But make sure that they have been packed only after they have cooled down lest the moisture spoil the muffins.
- They can be put into the microwave any time you would like to have them and this will retain that freshly baked flavor.
- Nutritional Information: 97 calories, 128 mg of sodium, 9-10 mg of cholesterol, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g protein, 5 g fat and 0 saturated fat..
- Cinnamon is known to be an excellent anti oxidant with both anti bacterial and anti fungal properties.
- Cinnamon is rich in fiber, iron, calcium and manganese. It is also used in home remedies to treat type 2 diabetes, diarrhea, the common cold and to eliminate bad breath. It is also known to boost one’s memory, cognitive function, treat tooth aches and help reduce the pain caused by arthritis.
- Although cinnamon is available in most stores, while purchasing it, you may want to pick Ceylon cinnamon as it is slightly sweeter and will be ideal muffins even though they might be a little more expensive than regular cassia cinnamon.