Parmesan Crust Healthy Potato Recipe
No. of Servings: 8
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Parmesan Potatoes Ingredients:
Potatoes- 3 of medium size
1/2 of one large onion or 2 small onions
1/2 cup of butter
Powdered parmesan about 2-3 teaspoons
Pepper and salt to taste
- Wash the potatoes well till they are completely clean and dice them finely into thin squares with the skin on. Chop the onion into thin fine pieces and mix with the potatoes. Now put in a few teaspoons of butter into a pan after it has heated up sufficiently.
- Once the butter has melted completely and it starts boiling, drop in the onions and potatoes. Make sure the heat is low or on medium so that the potatoes and onions cook slowly. The potatoes can be fried until they are soft and you may add a little more butter to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan or burning.
- Take a small bowl and mix in the parmesan cheese, a tablespoon each of salt and pepper and a little garlic powder. If you prefer you may also reduce the quantity of the pepper to suit your requirements. Take a pan and spread a baking sheet over it.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and thinly spread both the onions and the potatoes onto it. Shake and sprinkle the mixture in the small bowl over it. The mixture should coat the potatoes as evenly as possible.
- Bake in the oven for roughly ten minutes and once done, remove the baking sheet and allow it to cool. If you wish, you may replace the garlic powder with minced and roasted garlic cloves for a richer flavor.
While this is the simplest way to make parmesan crusted potatoes, the following recipe may also be tried out:
- The ingredients here include about to pounds of red boiling potatoes that are small in size, two tablespoons of olive oil, the white of one egg that has been whipped well till light and foamy, half a cup of grated parmesan cheese and a few sprigs of rosemary that have been chopped up. Take some water and boil in a saucepan by adding some salt to it.
- Boil the potatoes in this water for about twenty minutes or till tender. Drain out the water completely and cut them into neat halves. Drop them into a largish bowl and season well with both pepper and salt. Lightly drizzle the olive oil onto the mixture in the bowl and add the egg white.
- Grease a baking sheet and place the potatoes on it, allowing it to bake at 350 degree C till it turns golden brown. Serve hot.
- Each serving contains about 150 calories, 21 grams of carbohydrates, 5-6 grams of protein, 163 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 5 grams fat and 0.48 gram fiber.