Pasta with Ground Meat and Spinach Recipe
No. of servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Total time required: 40 minutes
Wide egg pasta / noodles: 8 ounces (1 package)
Minced Italian sausage: 1 pound
Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
Minced garlic: 2 cloves
Frozen spinach, chopped: 2 cups
Onions: 1 bulb
Grated Romano cheese: 1 cup
Water: 4 quarts
Dried oregano: ½ teaspoon
- Peel the onion and chop it into fine pieces.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat the olive oil, on a low flame. Add the minced garlic to it and cook, till it turns slightly golden in color.
- Add the chopped onions to the oil and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the minced Italian sausage and cook it for a few minutes adding the oregano to it.
- Cook the sausage, till it looses its pink color. In case there is any excess liquid, drain it.
- Make sure the meat remains warm, either by placing it in a warm oven, or by setting it on a very low flame.
- Take a large pot and boil the 4 quarts of water in it, with a pinch of salt. Once the water reaches boiling point, add the pasta/noodles to it.
- Let the pasta/ noodles boil for a few minutes. Once the pasta/ noodles become slightly soft, add the frozen spinach to the boiling water and let it cook, with the pasta/ noodles for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the excess liquid, using a colander.
- Place the spinach and pasta in large bowl, and mix the cooked meat in. Toss the meat and pasta together gently and sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Serve it immediately, while it is still hot.
- The leftovers can be refrigerated for later use.
Nutritional information: (Amounts per serving)
Calories: 756 cal.
Cholesterol: 99 mg.
Total fat: 48.1 g
Sodium: 1436 mg
Protein: 37.9 g
Dietary fiber: 4 g
Total Carbohydrates: 38.9 g