Apple Carrot Blend Cake Recipe
No. of Servings: 10 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: one hour
Two cups of sugar
a teaspoon of vanilla extract
one and a half cup of vegetable oil
two cups of all purpose flour
half a teaspoon of baking soda
quarter teaspoon of salt
a teaspoon of cinnamon
two teaspoons of baking powder
one cup of chopped walnuts
one and a half cup of finely chopped apples
one and a half cup of finely grated carrots
- Beat the eggs thoroughly till they are light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, vegetable oil and sugar to the eggs.
- Mix all the ingredients well, till all the sugar has dissolved. Set the mixture aside.
- Now mix together all the dry ingredients. This includes the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Sift them together for about five minutes, after which add the egg mixture, that has been set aside, to it.
- Make sure that you are constantly stirring while pouring in the egg mixture, so as to avoid lumps from forming.
- Throw in the carrots, apples and walnuts and mix well for about a minute or so.
- Pour the batter into a medium sized pan and then bake it for about an hour at 325° F.
Nutritional Information: (Amounts per serving)
- ENERGY 1614 calories
- PROTEIN 20.0 g
- CARBOHYDRATES 156 g
- FAT(total) 105.0 g
- SODIUM 309 mg
You could also add almonds or cashew nuts to the cake or use them as a substitute for the walnuts. This will enhance taste while also contributing to the nutritional value.