Artichoke Omelet Recipe
An artichoke omelet is a delicious omelet that is packed with artichoke health benefits. Good to taste and high on health, this easy to cook healthy omelet recipe gives you the best of both worlds.
No. of Servings: 1 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Two well beaten eggs
A tablespoon of grated parmesan
Two tablespoons of olive oil
Three canned artichoke bottoms(water packed), that have been drained and diced
Half a teaspoon of minced or crushed garlic
Two pieces of roasted, drained and diced red bell peppers.
A tablespoon of tomato salsa
- Beat the 2 eggs in a bowl till they are light and fluffy. Add the grated parmesan cheese and mix the two ingredients well. Keep this egg-cheese mixture aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Make sure that the flame is medium to low. Once the oil is hot, add the artichokes. Stir fry them for about three to four minutes till the artichokes begin to turn brown.
- Now add the diced bell peppers. Stir the mixture of the peppers and artichokes continuously, and fry them for and additional two minutes, till the bell peppers begin to turn brown and all the water has evaporated.
- Add the minced or crushed garlic. Stir continuously once the garlic has been added or else it may stick to the bottom of the pan. Let the garlic fry for about half a minute and then empty this artichoke-pepper mix into a plate.
- Place the skillet on the fire again, on a medium to low fire. Once the pan is hot, add the parmesan-egg mixture that had been set aside. Cook for a minute or two until the egg has set completely. Make sure that you tilt the pan and lift the eggs when they start to set. This will allow the uncooked parts to flow below the omelet and will ensure that the eggs are cooked evenly.
- Add the artichoke and bell pepper mixture on one half of the cooked omelet. Fold the omelet into half so as to cover the filling.
- Cook for an additional two minutes so as to let it set. Serve hot and top with the tomato salsa.
Artichoke Omelet Nutrition Facts: (Amounts per serving)
- ENERGY 515 calories
- PROTEIN 21.0 g
- CARBOHYDRATES 23 g
- FAT(total) 39.0 g
- SODIUM 1030 mg
This recipe is great as a breakfast snack. Apart from being a treat for the palate, this snack is both healthy and nutritious. You could also use grated cheddar cheese in addition to the Parmesan cheese.