Fresh Fruit with Citrus Mint Dressing
Dressing For Fresh Fruit Salad
¾ cups fresh kiwi, quartered slices
¾ cup fresh strawberries halved or quartered and stems removed
¾ cup pineapple, chopped into bite size pieces
½ cup papaya, peeled seeded and chopped into bite size pieces
½ cup ripe mango, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
1 teaspoon honey
¼ cup fresh orange juice, natural
1 tablespoon fresh mint
- In a large bowl whisk fresh mint, orange juice and honey together for dressing.
- Stir in fruits gently and toss well so as the dressing is well coated all over the fruits. Serve immediately in dessert bowls. This recipe makes 6 servings.
- Fresh fruit with citrus and mint dressing is a very low calorie, healthy recipe that can be prepared in a jiffy (as this recipe requires no cooking, just combining ingredients).
- This recipe provides about 55 calories, 13 gm carbohydrates, 1 gm proteins and 3 gm sodium per serving. This is diabetes friendly and heart friendly recipe as it provides negligible amounts of fat and cholesterol.
- This recipe can be a perfect choice for desserts compared to other bakery and sweetened dessert items. However make sure not to eat this dish immediately after your meals as fruits have simple carbohydrates which can digest faster than the complex ones found in other food groups. Keep a minimum gap of 2 hrs between meal times and fruits times to gain maximum nutrient benefits from fruits.