Hint Of Herb Butter Cookies With Herbal Extracts
Butter Cookies Ingredients:
Fresh herbs like mint, thyme, lemon verbena, herb seeds, lavender, and tarragon
¼ cup butter
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ egg, whole
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Take ¼ cup butter in a medium bowl and with an electric beater beat it for about 30 seconds on medium to high speed. To this beaten butter add ½ cup sugar and continue to beat until the sugar is well combined with the butter. Stir in ½ whole egg and continue beating until well combined. Add flour baking powder and salt to the beaten butter and egg mixture and beat further until combined.
- You will get soft dough when all the ingredients are combined and beaten well. Divide this dough into two equal halves. Using your hands shape each half into a long 12 inch size rope. Wrap the rope against each other and place it in a dish. Cover the dish and place it in a refrigerator to freeze until the dough gets firm. The dough will take about 4 to 5 hours to get firm.
- Meanwhile as the dough gets firm, preheat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and unwrap it carefully. Slice the unwrapped frozen ropes into ½ inch thick slices and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, cut side should face up. Top with your favorite herbs or seeds and press the cookie gently so that the herb stays on the cookie.
- Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until its edges turn golden brown in color. After done remove the cookies from the cookie sheets and let them cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack. You may serve the cookies warm immediately or even store in an air tight container after they cool completely. This recipe makes 24 serving.
- Hint of herb butter cookies is a low calorie cookie recipe which provides about 48 calories and 2 gm total fat per serving.
- This recipe can be considered diabetes friendly as well as heart friendly as it provides only 7 gm carbohydrates, 1 gm saturated fat, 10 mg cholesterol and 33 mg sodium per serving.
- You may choose your favorite herb for this recipe, the quantity and type can be modified as it won’t affect nutritional profile of this recipe.