Simple Chicken Recipes With Stuffed Ingredients
Champion Chicken Ingredients
Broccoli – half cup (chop into small pieces)
Yoghurt – one fourth of a cup (use the low-fat unflavored variety)
Salad dressing – one fourth of a cup (low fat variety)
Whole wheat pita, large – two rounds of six to seven inch length (slit them crosswise)
Nuts or walnuts – one fourth of a cup (optional). Chopped pecan is a good alternative.
Turkey (breast) – one and a half cup (cook the turkey and cut the meat into small pieces). Use chicken, as a substitute for turkey.
Carrot – one fourth of a cup (grate the carrot)
Method Of Preparation
- Mix the chicken with the veggies in a big bowl, namely the carrot, broccoli and walnuts or pecans.
- Add the low fat, plain yoghurt to the Salad dressing. Use a mechanical blender, to get a smooth paste.
- Scoop the yoghurt and dressing mixture into the veggie bowl.
- Toss well to ensure that the chicken pieces and the chopped vegetables are completely coated in the dressing mixture.
- Spoon out the chicken mixture and place inside the whole wheat pita halves.
- Wrap them with an aluminium foil and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve them cold.
- The above mentioned recipe makes four sandwiches.
- It is a quick meal, which requires fifteen minutes for its preparation. You can add other vegetables like chopped scallions, tomatoes and lettuce to add nutritional value to your sandwiches.
- Champion chicken pockets, contain wheat or gluten in the form of pita bread and dairy products in the form of plain yoghurt. The above mentioned ingredients are not recommended for individuals with intolerance or hypersensitivity to the same. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients, you can use gluten free or dairy free substitutes as required.
- Each serving of champion chicken pockets provide 231 calories.
- The protein supply is high, due to the presence of chicken in the recipe. Each serving contributes 20 grams of protein.
- The total fat per serving is eight grams, whereas the saturated fat content is just one gram. About 53 mg of cholesterol is also present in each serving.
- Champion chicken pockets provide 392 mg of sodium per serving.
- The recipe provides 21 grams of carbohydrates.
- The preparation provides 5 percent of the daily requirement of calcium and 10 per cent of the requirement of iron.