Burritos Recipes With Shredded Chicken And Bean Burritos
Chicken Bean Burritos Ingredients
Whole wheat tortillas – twelve, large (use plain flour tortillas, if wheat ones are not available)
Chicken breast – two pounds
Cheese – one cup (use low fat variety)
Lettuce – optional (use shredded)
Sour cream – optional (light cream or fat free type)
Pinto beans – one can (rinsed in chili sauce)
Tomatoes – optional (cut into small pieces)
Salsa with chipotle chili peppers – one jar
Method of Preparation
- Mix the chicken and beans. Do not drain the beans.
- Pour the salsa over the chicken and beans and cook in a saucepan.
- Once the chicken is tender and can be separated easily with a fork, take it off the heat.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board, with the help of a slotted spoon. Allow it to cool while you get the beans ready.
- Mash the beans, in the cooker, with a potato masher. Use a blender, if a masher is not available.
- Shred the cooked chicken, into thin strands, with the help of two forks.
- Place the chicken, in the cooker. Cook on low flame.
- Allow to cook, till the beans blend well with the chicken.
- Scoop out the chicken mixture and place in each tortilla. Warm the tortillas, prior to this step.
- Roll them and fold the bottom of the tortillas, so as to envelop the chicken mixture.
- Fold from both the ends and hold in the middle, with a toothpick. Garnish with sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Chicken and bean burritos are an all time favorite, which comprises of savory cheese, chicken breast and fat free re-fried beans.
- It is generally served with a green salad and the above mentioned ingredients cater to twelve individuals.
- It is an easy preparation, which hardly takes five minutes for its preparation. The cooking time is around 11/2 to 2 hours on a low flame.
- Chicken and bean burritos provide 293 calories per serving.
- It is a high sodium roll, which contributes 707 mg of sodium per serving.
- It provides six gram of fat and two grams of saturated fat. It also contributes to 50 mg of cholesterol per serving.
- The preparation contains gluten and dairy products, in the form of tortillas and sour cream.
- It is a diabetes friendly preparation, which provides a high supply of protein, about 26 grams per serving. It also contributes to five grams of dietary fiber.