Stew Recipe With Beef Stew Ingredients
Beef Stew Ingredients
Onion (medium size) – one (chop them into slices)
Garlic – two cloves (mince them into small pieces)
Tapioca – three tablespoons
Carrots (medium size) – three (cut them into slices of moderate thickness, half Inch)
Mushroom – one and a half cup (cut them into halves)
Beef bouillon – one and a half teaspoon
Beef – one pound (cut the stew meat into cubes of one inch thickness)
Ravioli – one packet (use light and cheese filled ones)
Fresh parsley – as required (snip them into small bits)
Red wine – half cup
Fresh thyme – optional (as required)
Fresh oregano – one tablespoon (use a teaspoon of dried oregano, if fresh ones are not available)
Tomatoes – One can (do not drain them), dice them into small cubes
Fresh basil leaves – two tablespoons (crush one teaspoon of dried basil leaves, if fresh ones are unavailable)
Tomato sauce – one can
Method Of Preparation
- Place the cooker on low flame.
- Add in the mushrooms, carrots, garlic, onion, oregano and basil leaves. Place the tapioca over the veggies, in addition to meat. Add two cups of water, tomato sauce and undrained tomatoes. Pour the wine, water and bouillon granules.
- Use a three and a half or four quart slow cooker for this preparation.
- Cook on a low flame for about seven to nine hours. Otherwise, place on high heat for three and a half to four and a half hours.
- Cook the ravioli in salted water.
- As the last step add in the ravioli to the vegetables. Cover and cook for twenty minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and oregano.
- The above mentioned ingredients cater to eight servings of the stew.
- The stew requires twenty five minutes for its preparation, though the cooking time is about nine hours.
- Beef stew with ravioli contains gluten and wheat, red meat and dairy products.
- It is a recipe which makes use of leftovers and proves to be friendly in the diet of diabetic individuals.
- The stew provides 243 calories per serving.
- The total fat in the preparation is about five grams per serving. The saturated fat and cholesterol content are two grams and 47 milligrams respectively.
- Beef stew with ravioli contributes to 20 grams of protein and one gram of dietary fiber.
- It is a high sodium preparation (about 578 mg), which also contributes to 27 grams of carbohydrates.