Barbeque Brisket Recipe With Brisket Ribs
Brisket Recipe Ingredients
Onion – two medium
Beef, brisket – three and a half pounds
Water – two tablespoon
Bay leaf – one
Cornstarch – two tablespoons
Beer – twelve ounces
Garlic – one clove (minced)
Chili sauce – one fourth of a cup
Black pepper powder – one fourth of a teaspoon (powder them fresh, at the time of preparation)
Sugar substitute – two tablespoon
Thyme, dried – half teaspoon (use a teaspoon of fresh thyme, if available)
Salt – one fourth of a teaspoon
Method Of Preparation
- Prepare the marinade, in a bowl, which includes chili sauce, thyme, beer, garlic, sugar substitute, pepper and salt.
- Cut the brisket, so as to make it fit into a cooker. Add in the onions and bay leaf. Pour in the marinade and cook on low heat until tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and lace the brisket, along with the onions on a serving plate.
- Cover the meat with an aluminium foil, so as to keep it warm.
- Add two and a half cups of the gravy to a small saucepan and remove the excess fat from it.
- Add two tablespoons of water to the corn starch and mix it to obtain a thin paste. Add this liquid to the gravy and stir it over low heat until it thickens.
- Remove the foil from the serving plate and serve this hot sauce with the warm meat.
- To enhance the flavor of this recipe you can cook it in a slow cooker for 12 hours.
- The preparation time is only 25 minutes. The cooking time can be quite high – 12 hours if you are using a slow cooker. However if you are cooking it in a saucepan over medium or low heat, the cooking time will not exceed 1 1/2 hours.
- It is a meal, which contains cornstarch. Corn consists of gluten, which is not suited for certain individuals with gluten intolerance or hypersensitivity. If you or a member of your family is sensitive to gluten, use a gluten-free thickening agent.
- Each serving provides 170 calories, though you can cut down on this amount by trimming off the fat from the meat.
- Brisket in ale contributes to 20 grams of protein and a gram of dietary fiber. The red meat is credited with the high protein values.
- The recipe provides 216 mg of sodium per serving.