Home Remedies for Treating Nail Fragility
We tend to devote a lot of time in taking care of our hair and skin and very often forget an important part of our body—our nails. Our nails help protect our fingertips and it is imperative that we give them the same importance that we give the rest of our body. Here are a few home remedies that can help you take care of your nails.
- Wearing disposable plastic gloves will provide protection to your hands and nails from harsh chemicals and water. When out in the sun make sure you wear gloves as well as they will help protect your nails.
- You can apply moisturizing lotion on your hands and nails during the day to keep them conditioned.
- Sometimes problems are caused by the polishes, nail lacquers, and adhesives that we use on our nails, so try avoid using these substances. Frequent use of nail polish remover could be one of the reasons your nails split or break so avoid using it too often. If you do need to use a nail polish remover use one that contains moisturizers.
- Protein, calcium, and vitamin A deficiencies can also contribute to brittleness of the nails and cause them to break frequently. An adequate amount of nutrition will ensure that you have healthy and strong nails. A fruit and vegetable rich diet will help you combat the problem of brittle nails. Milk, dairy products, broccoli, whole grains, and fish should be incorporated in your diet. Drinking carrot juice will help strengthen your nails as it is rich in calcium and prosperous.
- Drinking at least eight glasses of water everyday will ensure that your nails are hydrated. You can also massage some essential oils such as eucalyptus oil or clove oil to make your nails strong.
- Pamper yourself with a manicure at least once a fortnight. This will help strengthen fragile nails. A good hand massage will aid blood flow and ensure that your nails grow well.
- Taking care of your cuticles will also contribute to your nail’s health. Cutting your cuticles could damage your nails; instead of this a cuticle remover can help you remove cuticles that are overgrown.
- Use a good quality nail polish to help prevent water from evaporating from your nails and to keep them hydrated. Try not to use products such as alcohol based hand creams as they can dry your nails.
- Dry brittle nails benefit from the use of a calcium gel. The results are immediate.
- When out in the sun make sure you wear gloves as they will help protect your nails.