Home Remedies for Rough Skin Treatment
Rough skin could be caused due to a number of possible reasons such as cold weather, contact with irritating or coarse fabric, or a deficiency of certain vitamins. The main areas that are prone to dryness include the hands, heels, face, and upper arms.
Here are a few tips that will help your skin become supple and smooth.
- Avoid taking a bath with water that is extremely hot or cold as this can cause your skin to dehydrate. Use warm water. Adjust the temperature of the water so that it is around 115 °F.
- Mild body soap should be used. Harsh soaps generally dry up your skin and cause patchy skin. This mainly happens in dry climates. The best option is to use gels or liquid soap which is gentle on your skin as compared to a bar soap. Avoid over-lathering your skin as this could again take away essential oils from your body.
- Bathing too frequently may cause irritated patches and dry your skin. Avoid bathing two or three times a day and do not spend too much time in the shower or bath.
- Check if it is the clothes you are wearing that are responsible for your skin’s roughness. Sometimes woolen scarves may irritate your face, or wearing a wet bathing suit for long hours during summer could rub your skin raw.
- Make sure you take your vitamins on time. Your daily diet should have all the necessary vitamins you need. Vitamin C is extremely beneficial for your skin, so make sure you increase your intake of dark leafy and deep orange vegetables. Check with your doctor as to what vitamins you need and in what dosages you need to take them.
- Drinking a lot of water hydrates your skin and flushes out the impurities from below the skin’s surface.
- Too much of coffee dries out your body so avoid drinking more than a cup or two of coffee daily.
- Regular exercise helps your circulatory system function smoothly and ensure that your blood vessels pump oxygen to all parts of your body.
- A paste made of almonds soaked in water is especially good for rough skin. You have to leave on this paste for about 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Adding a couple of drops of baby oil to you bath water at least twice a week will help treat rough and dry skin.
- Take one tablespoon of milk and mix 10 mg of saffron in it. Apply this paste to the rough areas of your skin and wash in the morning with lukewarm water.