Diet For Healthy Bones and Diet For Fracture
I’m 17 years old and 177cms tall. I was of the same height when I was 14 and stopped growing after a bone fracture in my leg when I was 15. I want to increase my height. Please suggest me some good diet to boost up my height.
Height is certainly a complex issue and one that many face. There are a number of children whose growth stops after they reach a certain age. Generally, kids grow about two inches every year between the ages of three and adolescence. After this period, different hormones of the body help in attaining a faster growth rate. By the time we are adults, we are, more or less, of the same height with little variations from the standard. However, in some cases, disease can cause poor growth in height. Accidents such as severe bone fractures can also contribute to a reduced body height.
It is believed that men continue to grow until they reach the age of 25 years. For women, the age is 21. Nowadays, many people claim that they can improve a person’s heights even after these ages by many different means. Such claims however should be treated with a pinch of salt. Once your body stops growing you cannot increase your height, except through surgery and implants.
Healthy Diet For Strong Bones
Though many reasons contribute to the lack of growth, the most important one is the unbalanced level of growth hormones in the body. Growth hormones help the cells, bones, organs, and muscles to grow. Growth hormones are a form of protein produced by the pituitary gland. These proteins are made up of amino acids. This pituitary gland, located in the center of the brain, controls the release of different body hormones.
There are two artificial ways of increasing the growth hormones in the body:
- Using artificial growth hormones. These are substances generally used by body builders.
- Amino acids can also help to produce growth hormones, with some exercises.However, it is not recommended to practice these methods at home, as they can lead to serious side effects.
Natural Methods Of Growing Taller
- A nutritious diet rich in minerals, vitamins and proteins helps to boost the growth hormones. A combination of the three can help to increase your height optimally.
- Diet with a high level of carbohydrate can lead to short height. This is the reason so many Asians have a shorter height. Rice, bread, potatoes, and corn generally contain carbohydrates in them.
- Foods that contain fats can also give you a short height. Do not eat meat that is rich in saturated fats.
- Eat food items that are rich in proteins. Proteins build the enzymes and hormones required for growth of cells, bones, and muscles. Fish, eggs and legumes are rich sources of protein.