Diabetes Prevention And Thinning Hair Solution
I have been suffering from diabetes and my hair is falling too. Is there any connection between diabetes and hair fall. Please suggest some herbal remedies for the same
Hair fall is associated with diabetes. Diabetes Mellitus is a disorder, which is a result of irregularities in insulin secretion. Hair growth is related to diabetes, which in turn results in thinning of hair. Stress is yet another factor for strong correlation.
Diabetes results in anxiety and stress, which indirectly contributes to hair loss. Proper treatment helps to avoid severe complications. Any complication related to the skin is more common in diabetics, as the blood sugar and circulation are affected. Any kind of injury and bruise is difficult to heal, which also affects the growth of hair, once again. Regrowth of hair and the regular cycle are also affected. Infection due to fungi or bacteria is yet another causative factor for loss of hair or thinning hair. About fifty to hundred strands of hair fall on an everyday basis, for a normal and healthy individual. Medical attention is necessary to attend much severe problems.
Diffused hair growth is a common phenomenon in many diabetics, which are mostly due to prescription medications. During the resting period, also known as telogen effluvium, new strands grow. This results in the fall of old strands. Autoimmune problems such as diabetes, anemia, thyroid malfunction and skin rashes result in patches of baldness, also referred to as alopecia areata. Early diagnosis and treatment helps in the aggravation of diabetes and hair loss. Symptoms of diabetes include frequent urination, weight loss, fatigue, blurred vision, irritation, thirst and hunger. Hair loss usually commences in the initial stages of diabetes.
Diabetes Diet And Solution For Hair Loss
A balanced diet with proper cleansing helps to a great extent. Wash the hair, at least twice a week, to ward off any dirt, infection or other parasites. Herbs improve circulation, thereby enhancing hair growth. They also disinfect the scalp. Many herbal remedies prove beneficial for hair loss. Some of them are listed below:
- Licorice is useful for hair loss prevention.
- Aloe vera is an excellent hair tonic. Massage the gel well on the scalp and rinse off.
- Boil goose berry in water and use the decoction for hair wash.
- An extract of horsetail is rich in silica, which in turn helps hair loss prevention.
- A decoction of rosemary triggers circulation, thereby decreasing hair fall.
- Chamomille extract rejuvenates the scalp and conditions the hair.
- Sage tea with cider vinegar helps. Rinse off with chamomile infusion.
- Topical application of decoction of marigold, southernwood or rosemary is helpful.