Enema and Weight Loss Solutions
Losing weight with the help of enemas is a favorite option for people with eating disorders like anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa. It surely does help in weight loss but it is naturally not a healthy way to lose weight. If you are keen to lose weight in a natural and healthy way then you need to focus on eating right and exercising. A balance of diet and exercise will help you to maintain an equilibrium between calorie intake and calorie output. An enema for colon cleansing once in a blue moon can be healthy. But its aim should not be for weight loss but for body detoxification.
Tips for Weight Loss
For weight loss try the following tips listed below –
- Avoid any kind of fad diets as they restrict the calorie consumption to a drastic level which not only restricts other nutrient intake but also decreases your rate of metabolism. You would not want to lose your rate of metabolism especially if you are desperate to lose weight.
- Weight loss can not be achieved overnight. Wake up and be realistic, remember you have not gained that weight in a day or two. So give yourself time to lose weight. Regular exercise along with diet and healthy lifestyle will reap results in long term.
- Focus on good quality carbohydrates and proteins in the form of whole grains, cereals and its products, fresh fruits and vegetables, pulses, sprouts, legumes, beans, low fat or fat free dairy products, lean meats, poultry without the skin, fish and egg white.
- Avoid excess fats, fatty or oily foods and sweets altogether as these foods provide ample of calories without other essential nutrients for health. Avoid all the junk foods, processed foods, refined foods, canned or packed foods, sweets, chocolates, candies, bakery foods with butter or margarine, sweet desserts, colas, carbonated drinks and sodas as far as possible.
- Drink plenty of water. If you feel hungry after an hour of your meal, you might be thirsty. So instead of eating more food, drink water. Learn to identify your feeling for thirst and hunger and act accordingly.
- Increase your physical activity or exercise besides eating a healthy diet.
- Check with a specialist if you have any eating disorders; if so then correct them first. Avoid taking enemas on regular basis unless and until you need body detoxification once in a year or two. Also whenever you plan to take an enema talk to your health care specialist and do so under his/her supervision and guidance.