Easy Breakfast Pizza and Veg Pizza Recipes
½ pizza dough, store-bought
1 tablespoon butter, melted
½ tablespoon cream
1 cup mixed berries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries
½ teaspoon lemon zest (from approximately ½ lemon)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
Pizza Cooking Methods:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking dish by lining it with a parchment paper. Leave it aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough using a rolling pin to a thickness of around ¼ inch thick. Place the rolled pizza dough in the baking dish and brush the dough lightly with melted butter. Spread the cinnamon-sugar mixture (1 tablespoon) evenly and bake the pizza dough for about 10 to 15 minutes or till it turn golden brown in color. After done, leave the pizza crust on a wire rack to cool.
- Take a medium size bowl and combine cream, cheese and lemon zest with lemon juice. Spread this mixture evenly over the pizza crust. Top with berries and sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar mixture over it. Slice with a pizza cutter in to 4 pieces and serve. This recipe serves two. You may serve a glass of fresh orange juice along with this fruity and tangy breakfast pizza.
- To make cinnamon-sugar mixture take 1 small vanilla bean, ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon and ¼ small cup sugar. Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise in to half and scrap the inner seeds of the bean using the back of your knife. Place these seeds in a bowl. Stir in ground cinnamon and sugar and combine these three ingredients well. Leave in a serving bowl aside.
- The cheese you use should be preferably low fat cheese to decrease the total fat content and total calories of this breakfast recipe.
- Variation to this recipe – Use loads of vegetables like red peppers, green peppers, onions, carrot, cabbage, corn, black olives and tomatoes instead of fruits (berries). Many people don’t like a sweet taste in case of pizzas, if you are among them you may substitute berries with fresh vegetables and eliminate the sugar from the recipe.
- You may cut down the cream or may even eliminate if you are health conscious or are keen to lose weight.
- Preferably use whole cereal flour pizza dough. Refined flours lack most of the nutrients as the refining process strips them away. Whole cereals are packed with nutrients including complex carbohydrates, B-vitamins and fiber.