Best Ciopinno Recipe For Seafood Cuisine
Seafood Ciopinno Ingredients:
1 pound fish fillet, firm fleshed, boneless and skinless, cut into 4 pieces preferably thicker pieces (fishes like mahi mahi, tilapia or black cod can be chosen)
½ pound large sea scallops
½ pound shrimps, peeled and deveined, large tails on
1 pound mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded (about 20)
4 snow crab claws, optional (you may even opt for split legs – cut them into 3 inch pieces)
1 dozen cherrystone clams
3 tablespoon red onion, diced
3 medium plum tomatoes, diced (about 15 ounces)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoon white wine
2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoon basil, sliced thinly, plus 4 extra basil sprigs for garnish purpose
- Take a thick bottomed saucepan, at least 2 inch deep saucepan and heat butter over low heat. As the butter melts stir in onions, garlic and fish and cook for a minute.
- Add scallops and shrimps to the fish and onion mixture and cook further. Stir occasionally flipping the fish once after 2 to 3 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Add clams, mussels, crab and tomatoes to the mixture and pour white wine over everything. Toss to mix well. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt as per taste. Sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until the mussels and clams start to open. You may discard the ones which fail to open up.
- After done remove the saucepan from heat and divide the broth and seafood among 4 large pasta bowls or shallow soup bowls. Serve hot garnished with fresh basil sprig. This recipe makes 4 servings.
- Seafood cioppino is an easy soup recipe that is rich in proteins and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
- This recipe provides about 375 calories and 10 gm fat per serving. Although the fat content per serving is 10 gm this recipe is low in saturated fat and cholesterol that is it provides only 4 gm saturated fat and 11 gm cholesterol per serving.
- As the major ingredient in this recipe is sea food this recipe can be considered a good source of good fats that is omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids offer many health benefits to the body like decreasing bad cholesterol, increasing the levels of good cholesterol, decreasing the risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity and many types of cancers.