Raisin Oatmeal Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups milk, fat free
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 4 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoon flaxseeds, ground
Raisin Oatmeal Recipe Cooking Method
- Prepare the oatmeal according to the directions mentioned on the package.
- Add warm milk to the cooked oatmeal. Top it with ground flaxseeds and raisins. Serve. This recipe makes 2 servings
- Oatmeal with raisins is a heart healthy recipe which provides 358 calories, 7 gm dietary fiber, 61 gm carbohydrates, 5 gm total fat and 16 gm proteins per serving.
- This recipe provides negligible amounts of cholesterol and saturated fats. Also the sodium values of this recipe are on the lower range that is 110 mg per serving.
- Oatmeal and flaxseeds when consumed on a regular basis help to reduce cholesterol levels in the body as both are a good source of fiber. Fiber from oatmeal and flaxseeds also help to maintain a healthy blood glucose level and prevents any insulin or sugar spikes.
- Besides fiber, flaxseeds are also a rich source of heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids. Flaxseeds (preferably ground), when consumed on regular basis in the diet can help reduce your LDL cholesterol and may also help increase your HDL cholesterol. However flaxseed is also high in total fat, so balance your total fat intake accordingly in your diet.