Mozarella Salad Healthy Recipe
No. of Servings: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients and Healthy Salad Dressings:
- Large or medium sized tomatoes – 2-3
- Mozzarella – ¼ pound
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2/3 cup
- Fresh Basil leaves – ½ cup
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoons
- Salt – approximately ¼ teaspoon
- Flaxseed oil – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Black pepper pre ground – 1/8 teaspoon
- Large Red Bell peppers – 2
- Before actually starting with the preparation process, ensure that the broiler is pre heated and the broiler pan receives a coating of cooking spray.
- The bell peppers need to be then deseeded and de –veined and cut into halves. Similarly the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese also need to be cut into approximately half inch slices and set aside.
- Thereafter, mix together the flaxseed oil, vinegar, olive oil, salt and black pepper in a cup. Ensure that these ingredients are mixed well and then set aside. This will serve as the dressing for the salad.
- Now the bell peppers need to be placed with the skin side facing upwards on the broiler rack. They should then be broiled for approximately 10 minutes without turning till the skin starts to blister or develop blackish spots. Once this stage is reached, the bell papers need to be put into a paper bag, sealed and left alone till they have cooled to a manageable temperature. Then peel the peppers and dispose off the skin. Cut thin slices of the broiled peppers and set aside.
- Once this is done, the sliced tomatoes should be arranged in the serving dish or platter. Arrange a layer of mozzarella cheese slices over these tomatoes. Thereafter scatter the sliced bell peppers and basil leaves then have to be finely chopped.
- Finally, drizzle the dressing prepared earlier and leave the bowl aside for approximately 10-15 minutes before serving so that all the ingredients blend together well.
- Mozzarella cheese is known to have nutritive properties that help prevent blood clotting, Osteoporosis, types of cancer etc. It is also known to support the muscles and nerve structure.
- Extra virgin olive oil is one of the healthiest types of cooking oils with zero levels of cholesterol and anti aging vitamins. It has been observed that people who consume olive oil on a regular basis have a lower risk of cancer of the colon and lower levels of cholesterol as well.