Anytime Mexican Yogurt Drink Recipe
No. of Servings: 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 to 15 minutes
Cooking time: No cooking required
Mexican Yogurt Drink Ingredients:
1 to 1 ½ cup of plain yogurt
1 tray of ice cubes
½ an apple peeled and diced
4 to 5 strawberries
1 cup Fruit juice
Method for preparing the yogurt drink:
Start by taking the banana and peeling it. Then add the peeled banana, apple and strawberries together and blend. Then add the fruit juice, ice cubes and yogurt to the fruit mixture and blend well. The mixture needs to be blended till the consistency becomes liquidly. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator. Serve the chilled juice in a tall glass for best results. You can garnish the drink with whole pieces of fresh fruit like strawberry.
- Yogurt is said to be as nutritious as milk and is considered to be even healthier. Yogurt is created when “good” bacteria feast on regular fresh milk. These live bacteria digest a part of the lactose present in the milk and convert that into lactic acid.
- Yogurt is rich in calcium and is easily digested. A cup of yogurt supplies a third of the daily recommendation for one’s diet. It is a great source of zinc, protein, Vitamin B12 and riboflavin. If it is made from fortified milk it also contains Vitamins A and D.
- There are various varieties of yogurt available like flavored yogurt and fat free yogurt. Studies have indicated that consumption of yogurt can prevent various intestinal problems and maybe even colon cancer. When studies were conducted on animals with colon cancer, consumption of yogurt slowed the growth of the colon cancer cells.
- Yogurt if made from cow’s milk can be consumed even by people who are lactose intolerant. These people suffer from cramps, bloating and diarrhea from consuming milk and milk products like ice-cream, cheese etc. But they can eat this yogurt as the live cultures present reduce the lactose levels in the milk by almost two third the amount.
- Patients who are on heavy medications and harsh antibiotics are advised to eat this yogurt as it helps in digestion and improves health. It is also advised in cases of gastrointestinal problems to ward off the effects of diarrhea.
- Having a cup of yogurt a day is also known to help women with vaginal yeast infections. The yogurt helps to create an environment that helps in repelling the yeast.