Sweet Carrot Drink Recipe With Healthy Fresh Carrots
No. of Servings: ½ a gallon
Preparation time: 7 to 8 days
Cooking time: nil minutes
Fermented Carrot Juice Ingredients:
- 1 pound of washed and Grated Carrots
- ½ a gallon of Water
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of Salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of cracked Mustard Seeds
- tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
Method of preparing the fermented carrot juice:
- Start by washing a plastic jug. Then proceed to place all the ingredients into two plastic jugs. Replace the caps or covers of the jugs in a loose fashion thus allowing for the gases to escape during the fermentation process.
- Let this mixture stand for approximately seven to eight days to allow the fermentation procedure to take place at room temperature. The ideal room temperature should be about 90º F. if it is hot placing the jars by any window that is facing the sun for most of the day helps maintain the ideal temperature.
- After the fermentation process is done, strain this mixture using a cheese cloth. The taste that one gets is acidic and spicy.
- You can also slice the carrots length wise instead of grating them for the fermentation process. After the fermentation process is done, the fermented carrot sticks and the drink are consumed together.
- The carrot is one of the main foods that have a healing ability. The carrot gives the highest quality nutrients particularly from its juice. They are well known for their great source of vitamin A, and also vitamins D, C, B6, E, K and B1.
- They are very rich in minerals like potassium, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium. They also contain some trace minerals.
- Carrots are known to be great for the eyes. They contain large amounts of vitamin A. this is in the form of what is known as beta carotene. They also contain lots of nutrient and fibers. Hence it is not possible to absorb a lot of the nutrient while eating the carrot either raw or whole. Hence carrot juice is considered better.
- Post juicing it is possible to absorb larger quantities of the nutrient. Carrots are not expensive and hence can be eaten by every one. They can be added to soups or salads. Carrot juice is known to have anti carcinogenic properties that help to prevent against cancer.
- They are also thought to have cancer curing properties. Carrots are very good for the skin. Drinking the juice works like a tonic. It helps in improving a person’s health and building their immunity system.