Fresh Tomato Juice Cocktail Recipe
No. of Servings: 6
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 40 Minutes
Tomato Juice Healthy Ingredients:
- 15 to 18 pounds of fresh tomatoes
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups of chopped celery
- 1 green bell
- 4 large carrots
- 3 onions
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 medium beets
- Quarter cup of sugar
- 2 to 2 ½ teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 7 quarts water or as required
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup of refined white sugar
- Quarter of cup salt, or to taste
- Start by peeling the onions and dicing them into chunks. Then deseed the peppers and dice them into chunks. Using a juicer proceed to juice and mix all the beets, celery, tomatoes, onions, carrots, garlic and green peppers. Transfer all the juice into a large saucepan. Then stir in the black pepper, sugar, lemon, horseradish and water.
- The water should be added to the point where the consistency is thin. Add Worcestershire sauce as the seasonings. Next bring the contents of the pan to a boil. Let the entire mixture then boil for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- Proceed to next ladle the mixture into jars and leave a three quarter inch of headspace. Next add a teaspoon of salt along with a tablespoon of the sugar into each jar and stir the contents well. The juice is now ready to serve. It can either be served at room temperature or chilled.
- Tomato juice is a very healthy drink. It is known to be low in saturated fats and has no cholesterol. It is also recommended in diets due to its high levels of iron and manganese. It is also high in niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, pantothenic acid, potassium and thiamin.
- Tomato juice is high in vitamins to. It is especially very high in Vitamin A and is a good source of both Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. However tomato juice can be high in sugar too.
- Tomatoes are also full of a substance called lycopene. Lycopene is known to be an antioxidant that helps to protect cells from any oxygen damage. It also helps in protect cells from various cancers and heart disease.
- Some of the cancers that lycopene helps to fight against include cancers like, lung cancer, breast cancer, prostrate cancer, pancreatic cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Since lycopene is a carotenoid it gets absorbed along with fats into the human body. Hence it is better when it is consumed along with foods like avocados or along with olive oil etc.