Healthy Mango Drink Recipe With Sweet And Sour Ingredients
No. of Servings: 6
Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 Minutes
Healthy Mango Drink Ingredients:
- 4 to 5 raw medium-sized green mangoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 to 2 ½ cups of sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 3 tbsps of cumin seeds
- 1 or 1 ½ tbsp of coarsely ground black rock salt
- 2 to 3 tbsps of Aniseed/fennel seeds
- Chilled water
- Salt to taste
- Crushed ice in a bowl
- Sprigs of mint to garnish
- Start by roasting and grinding the cumin coarsely. Also coarsely grind the fennel seeds.
Next wash the raw green mangoes, peel them and grate them in a large bowl.
- Proceed to mix all the grated mangoes along with the sugar and the water. Then put the contents into a saucepan and bring to boil. Turn of the heat when the mangoes have become pulpy and soft
Then transfer the contents into a food processor.
- Blend the mixture till it achieves a smooth liquidly consistency
Put the blended mixture into a large saucepan and keep on a medium heat to cook.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients to the saucepan and continue to boil the entire concoction for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once done, take the saucepan off the heat and place it on a surface and allow it to cool completely.
Once the mixture has cooled, pour the liquid into tall glasses. If required the drink can be served either at room temperature or it can be served chilled.
- You can also dilute the concentration by adding chilled water. Served the drink on top of crushed ice and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
- The ripe mango contains a lot of starch which slowly changes into sucrose, glucose and maltose once the fruit starts to ripe. Green mango is a great source of pectin.
- Unripe mango is known to be sour in taste due to the presence of citric, oxalic, succinic and malic acids. These acids are used by the human body as they help to keep the alkali reserves in the body
- The raw mango is a great source of vitamin C. It has more vitamin C than even the half-ripe or the fully ripe mangoes.
- They are a great source of vitamins like vitamin B1 and B2. They also contain large quantities of niacin. The ripe fruit is also very wholesome and very nourishing. The main food ingredient of the mango is sugar.