Healing Bed Sores With Home Remedies For Bed Sores
Also called pressure ulcers, bed sores are lesions caused by extrinsic factors like humidity, friction, unrelieved pressure, high temperature, ageing and inappropriate medication. Bed sores can afflict any part of the body, particularly the bones and cartilages of the knees, elbows, sacrum and ankle.
Bed sores are generally caused by an inadequate supply of blood and consequential reperfusion injury. A simple example of bed sores can be seen in patients who have to lie in bed all day due to some illness.
Symptoms Of Bed Sores And Bed Sores Remedies
Some of the symptoms of the bed sores are:
- Discoloration of the skin
- Tearing of the sores or lesions on the skin
- Pus formation and swelling in the regions of affliction.
There are many home remedies to treat bed sores, some of which are as follows:
- You must not sit in one position for a long time. You are recommended to change your sitting position once every two hours.
- If the patient is an invalid, he or she must be turned every couple of hours to prevent the formation of sores.
- You are recommended to use a ripple mattress so that blood circulation is most effective.
- You must massage your body with any natural oil like olive or mustard oil. You may also employ physiotherapy to cure bed sores.
- You must maintain hygiene at all times.
- You must eat a balanced and regulated diet to supplement essential nutrients to the body. You must eat a diet that is rich in Vitamin C. As such, you are required to eat foods like guava, lemon, orange, and grapefruit.
- You must also eat foods that are rich in zinc content as zinc is highly instrumental in healing the wounds caused by bed sores.
- You must remain appropriately hydrated at all times of the day. As such, you must enhance your intake of water and other fluids.
- You must not smoke and consume alcohol as this may worsen your situation.
- If possible, you should perform some physical activity to avert the occurrence of bed sores. If your work is sedentary in nature, you should engage in a regular exercise regimen in order to stay fit.
- You must not neglect even the minor symptoms of the ailment as this can further aggravate the problem.
You are advised to consult a doctor in case the ailment is severe. You must take the prescribed medication in order to permanently cure this problem.