Home Remedies for Acne Treatment
Acne is an inflammatory skin disorder which generally affects young people during puberty. The areas most affected are the forehead, cheeks, chin, temples, back and chest. Causes include the use of cosmetic products, hormonal changes, toxins in the blood, improper diet, indigestion, constipation and menstruation.
Some useful home remedies for acne treatment are:
- Garlic for Acne: Rub garlic juice over the affected area. Do this a few times and the acne will disappear.
- Papaya for Acne: Apply it all over the face and remove it after 10-15 minutes with a wet cloth. Papaya helps to cure and prevent further outbreaks.
- Lemon and Rosewater for Acne: Mix fresh lemon juice with rose water and apply it to the area. Keep on for half an hour and then wash it off. Results will be visible in a few days itself and the acne will disappear completely within a few weeks.
- Diet For Acne: This is the most important remedy to treat acne. Cut down on oily and sugary foods. Also increase your intake of vitamins and minerals. Vitamins A and E should be taken daily.
- 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder should be applied on the pimples and left overnight. Wash this off with warm water the next day. Do this for two weeks.
- A mixture of coriander and turmeric powder (just a pinch) should be applied every night before going to bed.
- Mint juice applied in the same manner works wonders too.
- Mix half a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder with water and apply the paste. Wash off when dry.
- Mix a teaspoonful of lemon juice with one teaspoon of finely ground cinnamon powder.
- Ordinary toothpaste can help too! Just put a little bit on the pimples before going to sleep. Your skin will look and feel better the next day.
- Use a cucumber mask twice a week. It is good for moisturizing the skin. Regular use prevents pimples and blackheads.
- Fenugreek is good too. Simply make a paste of fenugreek seeds, apply overnight and wash off with warm water in the morning.
- Grind orange peel and mix with water to make a smooth paste. This is known to be an effective remedy.
- A paste of black gram lentils and sandalwood can be applied on the pimples.
- Make a face mask of almond powder and water. Wash it off when dry.
Try the above remedies for acne. They are simple, easy to use and effective too.