Zucchini Bread Pudding Recipes
French Toast Recipe Ingredients
Corn kernel – half a cup
Zucchini – two medium (Slice them into one fourth inch thickness)
Fresh basil – two tablespoons (use two teaspoons of dried basil, as an alternative for the fresh ones)
Olive oil – two tablespoons
Fresh parsley – one tablespoon (use 1 teaspoon of dried leaves, if not available)
Fat free milk – two cups
Sweet pepper – half cup (cut red pepper and roast them)
Black pepper powder – one fourth of a teaspoon
Garlic – one tablespoon (cut them into small pieces)
Sage – one tablespoon
Pecans or any nuts – one fourth of a cup
Salt – half teaspoon
Italian cheese – one cup
Eggs – five (beat them well) Use frozen egg product, if available.
Bread (sourdough) – five cups (cut them into cubes)
Method of Preparation
- Cook the corn kernels and zucchini slices in a large saucepan, for about three minutes.
- Add the garlic and sweet pepper. Sauté the ingredients, till the zucchini cooks well.
- Mix the parsley, sage and basil leaves. Use a teaspoon of dried sage, if fresh ones are unavailable.
- Remove half of the mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Spread a layer of cheese.
- Alternately, place the veggies and cheese. Garnish with nuts.
- Take a bowl and add the egg product, black pepper, salt and milk. Whisk them well and pour over the bread and cheese layers.
- Do not cover the dish. Bake the bread mixture for about half an hour. Pierce the bread with a knife to check the extent of readiness. The knife comes out clean, if cooked well.
- The total preparation time is seventy five minutes.
- This bread pudding is aptly included in the diet of diabetic individuals.
- The use of fat free milk makes it cardiac friendly.
- The above mentioned ingredients serve 12 individuals.
- Individuals with intolerance or sensitivity to nuts, wheat and egg should avoid the same.
- Zucchini bread pudding provides 191 calories.
- The total fat contribution is 7 grams, with 2 grams of saturated fat. About 7 mg of cholesterol is present in each serving.
- The pudding provides 10 grams of protein and 2 grams of dietary fiber.
- Each serving of the pudding provides 414 mg of sodium.