Recipe For Cream Puffs And Mocha Mix
Mocha Mix Ingredients:
1 packet instant chocolate pudding, fat and sugar free
2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
2 cups milk, fat free
½ cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules or 2 teaspoon espresso powder
½ cup water
Non-stick cooking spray
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and leave aside.
- Combine butter along with water in a small saucepan and boil the mixture over medium heat. Add all purpose flour to the boiling mixture all at once stirring vigorously. Continue to cook and stir constantly until the mixture turns into a large ball which cannot separate. Remove the pan from heat and let the ball cool for about 5 minutes.
- Break eggs in a bowl and beat them lightly. Add eggs in the saucepan with flour and butter ball, little at a time. After each addition lightly beat the eggs until the egg mixture is smooth and shiny again. After adding all the eggs you will get a dropping consistency mixture.
- On separate baking sheets, drop this mixture in 8 different moulds with 3 inch of distance between them. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or till it turn golden brown in color. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and split the puffs. If there is any soft dough inside then remove it and cool the puffs on a wire rack.
- For filling: According to the directions mentioned on the pudding mix, prepare the mix adding 2 teaspoon espresso powder or 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules and 2 fat free cups milk. With a plastic wrap cover the surface of the pudding and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- To the bottom half of each cream puff spoon around 1/3 cup of the prepared filling. Garnish each serving with fresh sliced strawberries and replace the creampuff tops. Serve immediately. This recipe makes 8 servings.
- Mocha cream puff is a low calorie delicious recipe which provides only about 105 calories and 4 gm total fat per serving.
- This recipe can be considered diabetes friendly and heart friendly as well as it provides very low levels of saturated fats (2 gm per serving), and carbohydrates (12 gm per serving).
- To decrease the cholesterol and total fat of this recipe further use only egg whites instead of whole eggs. This is because egg yolks are a concentrated source of cholesterol and fats and thus calories.