Soybeans Nutritional Value And Soybeans Recipes
Soybean Buttered Recipe Ingredients:
3 cups edamame
3 tablespoon fresh mint, snipped
1 tablespoon fresh basil, snipped
2 teaspoon butter
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh basil sprig for garnish, optional
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 3 cups edamame to the heated butter and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes or till they turn tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add snipped basil and snipped mint after the soybeans are tender and stir for few seconds. Season with salt and transfer the mixture in a serving bowl or platter. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs if desired. This recipe makes 6 servings.
- Mint buttered soybean is a low calorie recipe which can be made in less than 10 minutes.
- This recipe provides only about 139 calories, 10 gm carbohydrates and 119 mg sodium per serving. This recipe can be considered high protein recipe as it provides 11gm protein per serving.
- This recipe is diabetes friendly as well as heart friendly as it provides only 7 gm fat (1 gm saturated fat and 4 mg cholesterol) per serving.
- Fat in this recipe is mainly contributed by soybeans and butter. To decrease the total fat content and sodium content of this recipe use only half the amount of unsalted butter and salt from what is mentioned in the ingredients.