Confetti Potato Salad Recipes
Potato Salad Ingredients
Potatoes – 1 1/2 pounds, round red
Ranch dressing – 1/2 cup reduced-calorie
Carrot s – 1/2 cup shredded
Broccoli – 2 cup florets
Green beans – 1 cup cut into 2-inch pieces
Milk, fat-free – 4 tablespoons, optional
Black pepper – ground 1/4 teaspoon
- Cut the potatoes into small ½ inch cubes and place them in a large saucepan. Add enough water to cover the potato cubes and place them on medium heat. Leave the pan uncovered and when the water inside has come to the boil, reduce the heat and cover it. Let the potatoes simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- You can check if the potatoes are done by skewering one with a fork or a toothpick. If there is resistance it means that the potatoes are still a little raw but if it goes through easily you can be sure that they are done. Drain out the water and then refill the saucepan with cold water. This will ensure that the potato cubes remain firm.
- Add 2 cups of water to a small saucepan and bring it to the boil on medium or high heat. Once the water boils, turn down the heat and add the chopped green beans. Cover the saucepan and allow the beans to cook for about 3 minutes. Take it off the heat and drain the beans completely. Rinse them well under running water to prevent overcooking.
- Refill the pan and add a few ice cubes to the water. Allow the beans to soak in the cold water until they are needed. Drain the beans well before use and if necessary soak up the excess water with a kitchen towel.
- For the salad dressing, add the Ranch dressing, the pepper powder and 2 tablespoons of milk to a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the potato cubes, green beans, shredded carrot and the broccoli florets in a large salad bowl. Pour in the Salad dressing and toss the salad gently so as to coat the vegetables. If needed, you can add the remaining milk and toss once more. Cover the bowl and then chill the salad for anywhere between 4 and 24 hours.
- This is a diabetes-friendly, vegetarian Confetti Potato Salad recipe.
- It contains only 3g of fat and 5mg Cholesterol.
- In addition to this each serving contains 108 Calories only. It can therefore be incorporated in weight loss diet plans.