Garnished Carrot Bundles
- Take two tender young carrots and peel them.
- Cut lengthwise and slice away a thin wedge from each of the carrots. This is necessary to provide stability to the carrots when you begin to slice them thinly.
- Now cut the carrots into pieces of a finger length size. Next place the carrot down on a chopping board with the cut side facing down. Cut the pieces into thin lengthwise slices.
- Take 3 to 4 slices of carrot and place them one on top of each other and then slice into matchstick fine strips.
- Boil water in a medium sized pan and place the carrot strips into the water for half a second. This will help to brighten the orange color of the carrots. Then place under cool running water.
- Cut off the green parts of the spring onions. Boil some water and pour over the greens to soften them slightly. Then drain the water and rinse in cool water.
- Next cut the greens into thin strips. Gather the carrot strips into bundles and tie the green strips securely around them.
- Use as garnish in rice or meat dishes.
- Carrot is a root vegetable which is known for its nutritional benefits.
- Carrots are a rich source of beta carotene which converts into vitamin A when absorbed by the body and helps to enhance vision. Beta carotene also helps in fighting the free radicals which are responsible for heart disease, macular degeneration and cancer.
- Cooking the carrots is actually known to increase their health benefits. Cooking helps to separate the beta carotene from the fiber contained in carrots, and allows for better absorption by the body.