Shrimp Artichoke Frittata Cheese Dip Recipe
Shrimp Frittata Ingredients
2 ounce shrimps, shelled
2 ¼ ounce artichoke hearts, frozen
1/8 cup green onions or scallions, chopped
1/8 cup milk, fat free
2 cups frozen or refrigerated egg product, thawed
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 ½ tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- If you are using frozen shrimps then thaw them 15 minutes prior to preparation. Peel the shrimp and devein them. Rinse and pat them dry with the help of paper towels. Lengthwise halve the shrimps and leave aside.
- Cook the artichoke hearts according to the directions on the package in boiling water. Drain them and cut the hearts into quarters, leave aside.
- In a medium size bowl stir together the milk, egg product, green onions, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat it over medium heat for a few minutes. To check if the pan is hot enough, put a drop of water into the hot pan, if it sizzles then the pan is hot enough. Add the shrimps to the hot skillet and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until they turn opaque.
- Gradually pour the milk and egg mixture into the skillet. Do not stir the mixture but use a spatula to help the mixture retain its shape as it cooks.
- Continue cooking over medium to low heat. As the egg mixture begins to set and its edges begin to separate run the wooden spatula over it and lift its edges. Allow the liquid to run underneath.
- Cook similarly by lifting edges until the top layer is almost dry (the layer will give a shine and will appear to be wet) and the egg mixture is set.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the cooked artichoke pieces all over the top evenly. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese and let it stand for about 2 to 3 minutes, covered or until the top is well set.
- Loosen the edges of the frittata and transfer it onto a serving platter. Cut into wedges and serve. Garnish with fresh Italian parsley and halved cherry tomatoes if desired. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Shrimp-artichoke frittata is a low calorie as well as diabetes friendly recipe which can be served with fresh whole grain bread.
- This recipe provides 126 calories, 3 gm total fat, 6 gm carbohydrates, 2 gm dietary fiber and 19 gm proteins per serving.
- Cholesterol and saturated fat values of this recipe are very low that is 37 mg and 1 gm respectively per serving.