5 diet tips to gain weight over 5 kilograms:
Weight gain sounds simple for people who want to lose weight, but a person whose weight is low only knows the dilemma he/she is in. Most of the people think that they can eat anything and everything when it comes to gain weight, however this is only partially true. Yes you need to increase your caloric intake but this doesn’t mean that you can eat or make all the wrong food choices. The focus is eating right on right intervals. For your height your weight should be around 72 kg if you are a male and 66 kg if you are a female which means you need to gain more than 5 kg to achieve your ideal body weight. Try the following 5 diet tips and lifestyle modifications to gain weight and achieve your goal -
- Set all realistic goals and make realistic targets to gain around ½ - 1 kg per week which is easy to achieve.
This has to be done by including approximately 6 caloric dense meals in a day instead of 2 - 3 meals.
- To include calorie dense foods in the diet it is important to know what the options are - the listed foods are high in calories and other nutrients - nuts and oil seeds are in general loaded with healthy calories, so you can include nuts like almonds, walnuts, pistachio nuts cashew nuts, groundnuts, sesame seeds, poppy seeds or any other nuts or oilseeds according to your choice. Dried fruits are also excellent choice or can be good fillers in between meals these include - seedless black dates, dried figs, raisins and apricots. You can choose a dry fruit milkshake like cashew and fig milkshake is very palatable. Other fruit shake like banana milkshake, mango milkshake and sapota milkshake topped with dry fruits would also be a good choice.
- Other caloric dense foods include fats, oils, butter, sweets, sugar, jam, and cream. You can include these foods in healthy amounts and ways. For example you can choose all the full fat dairy products as they will also provide proteins and other nutrients along with the possible fat in the diet. But say a strict NO to junk foods, processed and excess oily foods. These foods will be very attractive way to gain weight but once you develop any wrong eating habits then it will be difficult to get away with.
- Also include proteins along with fats to gain weight; good proteins can be gained from fish, eggs, dairy products, pulses, beans, sprouts, lean meat and poultry.
- Many people think that exercise is only for losing weight, but sadly this is a myth. Daily exercise can help to increase your muscle mass and tone your fat portion in the body thus improving your body composition. Moreover it also works to improve your appetite and thus your food intake.
More About Weight Gain -
There are many risks associated with being underweight such as weakened immunity, increased susceptibility to illness, slow recovery and complications in case of surgery. However, it is easy to attain a healthy body weight with the proper diet. Some people tend to be naturally thin and do not seem to put on weight no matter what they eat while there are others who remain underweight because of poor diet or illness. One of the most important tips to gain weight is to pay attention to the energy density of various foods. This is actually the amount of calories or energy present in a portion of food. Low density foods such as legumes, cooked grains and vegetables supply the body with high levels of fiber and water without adding too many calories to a diet. High density foods, on the other hand, have a much higher calorie count and can be included in a diet to gain weight. One of the simplest tips to gain weight is to ensure that all your meals contain high density foods as this will increase your daily calorie intake which in turn will help you gain weight. Here are some more weight gain tips to help you achieve your weight gain goals.
Proper dietary habits are very important in a weight gain program. One should avoid consuming too many fatty and sugary foods. It is also essential to eat regular meals and to eat in a relaxed state so that the digestive system is able to function well. Fixed meal timings help to establish the regularity of a diet. It is also advisable to refrain from snacking too much between meals as this reduces hunger during meal times. Those who are underweight may find it difficult to consume three large meals in a day. Therefore consuming smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day is beneficial. Also drink lots of fluids such as fresh fruit juices, milk and water. Starchy foods such as potatoes, carrots, pumpkin and grains are good for weight gain. Weight gaining tips also include adding foods containing essential fatty acids to the diet. Olive oil, avocado, and peanut butter are all sources of good fats that can be added to regular foods. Protein is an important nutrient necessary for strengthening the immune system and building muscle. Include protein sources such as lean meat, nuts, seeds, yogurt, eggs, and cheese in your weight gain diet. There should be at least one protein source in every meal. Another one of the many tips to gain weight is to include nuts and dried fruits in a daily weight gain diet. Nuts and dried fruits have a high calorie content and also contain a variety of fatty acids and nutrients.
There are also some foods that must be avoided. Caffeine is a stimulant which elevates the metabolism of the body. Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages so that the body is able to use the nutrition obtained from consumed foods in a proper manner. Also avoid smoking as nicotine has a similar effect on the body. Even in a weight gain regimen, exercise is essential. This is to ensure that unnecessary fat accumulation does not occur. Underweight individuals do not have to perform rigorous exercise. Simple stretching and moderate exercise helps to build muscle mass. It is also advisable to consult a nutritionist or a doctor for more helpful tips on how to gain weight.
Diet For Weight Gain
Individuals who weigh less than their ideal body weight may be at risk for certain health problems such as malnutrition and weak immunity. For such individuals a diet for weight gain is essential in order to gain healthy muscle mass. Here are some diet tips to gain weight.
Firstly, one can only gain weight by consuming more calories than one utilizes. Some people who are naturally thin tend to have a fast metabolic rate and it is imperative for them to pack in more energy than they expend. Any weight gain diet must include high calorie foods that are nutritious and healthy. The amount of calories that should be consumed depends on factors such as age, weight, lean mass and activity level. This may differ from individual to individual. Once you have established how much food helps to maintain your healthy weight, you will be aware of how much you need to eat on a daily basis.
Protein is essential to gain lean muscle mass and must be a part of a weight gain diet. However, one also needs to consume adequate amounts of carbohydrates and fats. Carbohydrates supply the body with the energy it needs to function properly. There are several diet plans for weight gain and it is advisable to select the one that is most suitable for you. It also helps to consult a doctor before adopting any diet plan. One of the most important foods tips to gain weight is to eat smaller, more frequent meals during the day instead of just three large meals. The daily intake of protein, carbohydrates and fat must be divided evenly in all meals.
A diet for weight gain should include cereals such as wheat bran, nuts or granola. Fruits and dried fruits are also a good addition to the diet and may be consumed along with low fat milk. Vegetables must be present in mostly all meals as they are extremely nutritious. Fruits may also be consumed at any time during the day. Fruits also make healthy snacks and may be eaten to satisfy hunger pangs between meals. Healthy beverages such as fruit juices and smoothies can also be included in the diet. In addition to healthy diet, regular exercise is also necessary for gaining healthy body weight. Most weight gain workout routines include muscle building exercises. Individuals who are unable to meet their nutritional requirements through the diet may consult a doctor regarding the intake of dietary supplements.