Anti Aging Diet
A magic potion that delays the process of aging is the want of the day. Nobody wants to get old. Many products that is available in the market helps in prevention of aging. These are the bestsellers of today. Aging is a natural phenomenon, which cannot be prevented. It can be delayed. Aging gracefully is a wonderful aspect. A sign of aging is not only the visible signs, such as white hair and wrinkles, but also the loss of cognitive functioning, introduction of dentures, memory loss and incidence of diseases, such as osteoporosis, cancer, heart attack and so on.
Anti Aging Diet Plan
Essentially, any anti ageing diet plan encourages you to eat healthy food that is rich in antioxidants that retard the process of ageing. These plans also make you cut back on unhealthy food choices that can degrade the performance of your body’s systems and contribute to age related problem. Some anti aging diet plans may also prescribe anti aging dietary supplements that are rich in antioxidants. Let us take a closer look at the elements of an anti aging diet for men and women.
- Eat light: Heavy, greasy food takes a long time to digest and just sits there in your gut retarding the process of digestion and slowing down your metabolism. Opt for light meals that are cooked in healthy oils. It is also a good idea to eat smaller portions more frequently.
- Go off red: Red meat is bad for your heart as it is loaded with cholesterol and fat. Instead opt for healthy white meat food sources such as chicken, turkey, and fish.
- And the white: Avoid consuming sugar and refined flour. If you really need to sweeten a beverage, opt for a dollop of honey instead. Replace refined flours with wholegrain flours.
- Red wine: Red wine contains an antioxidant called resveratrol. Drink a glass of red wine every day to keep yourself healthy.
- While an anti aging diet plan can help you win 70 percent of the battle, the other 30 percent comes from making certain lifestyle changes. It is important to exercise regularly, get enough sleep, and find avenues to de-stress so that your body and mind both stay young.
Anti Aging Foods
Here are some of the food sources that you should include in your diet to improve your health and keep the ravages of old age at bay.
- Fish: Fish is the healthiest source of protein that you can consume. In addition to supplying your body with protein so that your muscles do not degenerate, fish oil is also rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids are a natural source of antioxidants that help to minimize the damage that is caused to the body due to effect of free radicals. Eating fish not only keeps you healthy, but also helps your skin to retain its youthful appearance and improves brain function. This is why fish is one of the best anti aging foods for men and women. When selecting fish try to select fresh fish that is caught in areas where there are no harmful traces of dangerous elements such as mercury in the water.
- Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are the best natural anti aging foods that you can find. You don’t really have to look very hard to find a specific fruit or vegetable that is good for you, because all fruits and vegetables contribute to good health and help retard the process of aging. Citrus fruits are especially recommended because they are a natural source of vitamin C, which helps to boost the immune system of the body. Vegetables provide your body with fiber and help to keep your digestive system working in peak condition. Once again, opt for organically grown fruits and vegetables that are free of harmful pesticides.
- Nuts and seeds: The next time you feel like reaching for a bag of chips, chocolate bar or a pastry because you want to snack on something, try a handful of nuts instead. Many nuts and seeds are the best anti aging foods for skin because they are rich sources of vitamin E, omega 3 fatty acids, and selenium. A handful of walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, peanuts, or pistachios or a bowl of flax seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, or pumpkin seeds make for a great snack and help keep you healthier and younger.
- Green Tea: Green tea is one of the best anti aging foods that you can consume because it is loaded with antioxidants. Try to substitute your daily cups of coffee with green tea and let this powerful anti aging food work its wonder in destroying the free radicals that are present in your body.
Ultimately, age is just a state of mind. As long as you keep your mind young and active, lead a healthy lifestyle, and consume the right sort of food, you will be able to ensure that your body stays as young as your mind.Aging is made healthy and longevity increased by opting for a healthy lifestyle, a balanced diet and regular exercise. Diet plays a vital role in delaying the process of aging. A balanced diet with all the essential nutrients proves beneficial. 'Antioxidants' come to our mind, when the thought of aging comes in. Phyto nutrients are potent substances that are seen to be present in certain foods. These are antioxidants that help in increasing the longevity of an individual.
Antioxidants are those that prevent the oxidation of unstable substances called free radicals. They act as a scavenger of the free radicals, thereby preventing oxidative damage. This directly delays the onset of aging and other degenerative diseases, such as stroke, cataract and cancer. Foods and beverages that are a storehouse of vitamins, minerals and phyto nutrients, such as vegetables and fruits prove effective. Catechins that aid in good health are provided by green tea. Foods such as refined substances, trans fatty acids, starches and sugars stimulate the anti inflammatory response. Certain causative factors of aging, such as ultraviolet rays, stress, weak immune system and hormonal changes are avoided.
Whole grains and cereals provide fibre that helps in curbing the cholesterol levels. Legumes are also a good source of protein and certain amino acids. Fish provides omega 3 fatty acid that is beneficial to the body, due to its anti inflammatory property. Water helps in hydrating the body, thereby helping in good complexion. They flush off the toxins and other metabolites that are toxic to the body. Colorful fruits and vegetables are portent antioxidants and a storehouse of other vital nutrients.An anti aging diet should compulsorily constitute certain foods such as sprouts, barley, acai fruit, beans and lentils, pepper, yogurt, buckwheat, green foods and Allium vegetables, namely, chives, garlic, onion, shallots and leeks. Lifestyle modifications that are required for delayed aging are abstinence from smoking and alcohol.