Natural And Herbal Remedy For Anxiety DisorderAnxiety is quite commonplace and almost all individuals do experience anxiety in some situations in their lives. Anxiety is a reaction to stress, worry, or fear. Its symptoms include excessive sweating, spasms in the stomach, headaches, nausea, hypertension, dryness of the mouth, lack of concentration, and palpitation.
When a person is stressed, he or she requires more energy to cope with the situation. As such, a hormone named adrenaline is released in the blood that releases sugar, thereby providing energy, but excessive levels of adrenaline can be dangerous.
As anxiety is rampant among all individuals and is generally caused by stressful situations, it is better to employ some easy and handy natural remedies to reduce the effects and symptoms of anxiety. Some natural home remedies to relieve anxiety are as follows:
- Frequent breaks from work are essential to avoid stress and anxiety.
It is advised to take at least a ten minute break after every fifty minutes of work.
- Regular physical exercise is essential to get rid of toxins and lactic acid and helps to reduce anxiety levels. Exercise also promotes the release of endorphins, chemicals that stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain, so you feel better and less stressed.
- A well balanced and nutritious diet plays a major role in reducing incidents of anxiety. So, it is a good idea to keep a check on unhealthy eating habits.
Diet Tips For AnxietyAs a proper diet can help reduce anxiety levels significantly, here are some tips for a healthy and balanced anti-anxiety diet:
- Vegetables such as spinach, beans, and potatoes must be included in diet.
- Yogurt and skimmed milk must form a regular component of your diet.
- Fruits like apricot, banana, and fig must be included in the diet.
- Non vegetarian foods should include fresh fish, chicken, tuna, and poached eggs.
- Milk products like cottage cheese help reduce anxiety levels.
- Alcohol and carbonated drinks must be avoided or restricted to minimum amounts.
- The caffeine content in your diet must be significantly reduced.
- Processed and fast foods must be avoided.
- Soya bean and soy products also assist in relieving anxiety.
- Whole grains especially brown rice, millet, corn, and wheat must form a component of daily diet.
- Essential fatty acids like Omega-3 are essential for anxiety prone patients and as such, Omega- 3 rich foods like almond, walnut, and flax seeds must be included in your diet.
- The body must be properly hydrated and water must be consumed in adequate amounts.
- Anxiety can be easily relieved by these home remedies, but sometimes, anxiety may be on account of hereditary factors. As such, consulting a doctor is highly recommended.