Blueberry Muffin With Buckwheat And Butternut Ingredients
Three-B Muffin Ingredients:
¾ cup buckwheat flour
1 cup butternut squash, frozen
¾ cup blueberries
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
½ cup milk, fat free
½ cup frozen or refrigerated egg product, thawed or 2 eggs, whole
¼ cup fresh orange juice, unsweetened
½ teaspoon orange peel
2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Coat about 12 muffin cups (about 2 ½ inch) lightly with nonstick cooking spray, you may even line them with paper bake cups if available. Set the greased or lined pan aside.
- Combine the buckwheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a medium size bowl, mix well and leave aside.
- In another medium size bowl combine the lightly beaten whole eggs or thawed eggs, milk, orange juice, orange peel, squash and oil. Mix well and add this mixture all at once in the flour mixture. Stir well until just moistened, the batter should be lumpy. Carefully fold the blueberries into this mixture.
- Spoon this batter into the prepared muffin cups, fill each almost full. Sprinkle rolled oats over it and place it in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the muffins turn light brown in color. Remove them from the oven and cool them for about 5 minutes in the muffin cups on a wire rack. Remove muffins from the cup skillfully and serve warm. This recipe makes 12 muffins or 12 servings.
- The three-B muffins is a low calorie baked sweet which provides only about 137 calories, 4 gm total fat, 23 gm carbohydrates and 4 gm proteins per serving.
- This recipe provides moderate amounts of sodium that is 217 mg per serving. To reduce this value further, add only half the amount of salt in step 2.
- This recipe also provides 36 mg cholesterol per serving which is mainly contributed from egg yolks. If you want to make this recipe cholesterol free then use 3 to 4 egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs in this recipe.
- This muffin recipe contains dairy in the form of milk. If you are allergic to dairy products then use fat free or low fat soy milk instead.
- You may use other berries instead of blueberries for variety.