Salmon Dijon Healthy Baked Dish Recipe
No Of Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Salmon Dijon Cooking Ingredients:
Fat-free or light sour cream – 1 cup
Dried dill weed – 2 teaspoons
Finely chopped scallions – 3 tablespoons
Dijon-style mustard – 2 tablespoons
Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
Salmon Fillet, with the skin cut in the center – 1 1/2 pounds
Garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
Salmon Dijon Cooking Method:
- Using a small bowl, whisk together mustard, dill, lemon juice and onions.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take a baking sheet and oil it lightly with cooking spray.
- Now place the salmon on the baking sheet with the skin-side facing down. Sprinkle the salmon with pepper and garlic powder and then spread sour cream over it.
- Bake the salmon for about 20 minutes until it is opaque in the center.
Sodium: 229mg, Calories: 196
Dietary Fiber: 0.5g, Carbs: 5g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Fat: 7g
- Salmon is rich in protein and contain omega-3 fatty acids in addition to several other vital nutrients. Salmon contains vitamin D, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, niacin, magnesium, selenium and calcium in just a 4 oz serving.
- The omega-3 fatty acids present in salmon help prevent the formation of blood clots, thereby reducing the risk of stroke. Omega-3 fatty acids also help prevent diabetes, arthritis and cancer. These vital nutrients have also been found useful in the treatment of disorders like Alzheimer’s.
- While selecting salmon for your recipe, you should keep in mind that it is better to use salmon that has been frozen and then thawed rather than fresh fish that has been kept for a few days. The eyes of the fish should be clear and the gills should be clean red or pink in color.