Grilled Chicken Yummy Salad Recipes
No of Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 35 mins
Chicken Salad Ingredients:
Chicken breast – 4
Reduced-sodium soy sauce – 3 tablespoon
Fresh, grated ginger – 2 teaspoons ,
Mixed green torn lettuce – 5 cups
Assorted Fresh Vegetables (red sweet pepper strips, shredded carrot and/or bite-size cucumber strips, fresh pea pods (cut in halves crosswise)) – 3 cups
Red, coarsely chopped cabbage – 1 cup
Sliced scallions – 1/4
Toasted sesame seeds – 2 teaspoons
Unsweetened pineapple juice – 1/3 cup
Rice vinegar – 1/4 cup
Salad oil – 3 tablespoons
Sugar – 2 teaspoons
Toasted sesame oil – 1 1/2 teaspoons
Black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- Grease the unheated rack of a broiler pan and place the chicken breast on it. Using a small bowl, combine ginger and soy sauce and keep aside.
- Now brush this mixture on one side of each chicken breast. Now broil the chicken at 170°F, 4 inches from heat for at least 15 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink and is tender. Halfway through broiling time, turn the chicken breast and brush it with the remaining soy mixture.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from heat and cool. Then cut the chicken into bite-size strips.
- Using a large salad bowl, toss the assorted fresh vegetables, salad greens, scallions and red cabbage together.
- Now prepare an Oriental salad dressing in a screw-top jar. In the screw-top jar, mix together 1/4 cup of rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons of salad oil, 1/3 cup of unsweetened pineapple juice, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of reduced-sodium soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoons of toasted sesame seed oil. Cover the jar and shake well.
- Now pour about 1/2 cup of salad dressing over the salad. Toss the salad lightly to coat it with dressing.
- While serving, top the salad with chicken strips and pour the remaining dressing over the chicken. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Saturated Fat: 2g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Calories: 221, Cholesterol: 44mg, Sodium: 439mg, Protein: 20g, Total Fat: 10g, Carbs: 10g.
- The salad greens in your healthy recipe help make it a nutritious meal. Dark greens like lettuce contain beta-carotene that helps fight several diseases.
- Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant that lowers the risk of heart disease, cancer and cataract.
- Dark greens also contain folic acid which helps fight against inflammation and heart disease. In addition, salad greens are full of potassium, vitamin C and dietary fiber.