Advantages Of Weight Training
People of all ages around the world are now advised to add weight training to their workout routines, mainly because of the several weight training benefits that have been associated with the practice. Given below are some of the most common weight training benefits:
• Toning up of the muscles, which improves overall physical appearance, thereby increasing self esteem and confidence
• Raising basal metabolism, helping the body to burn calories and lose weight, even when not working out. People who are into weight training burn calories even while they are sleeping
• Reversing the natural decline in the metabolism which begins at the age of 30 or so. This is regarded as one of the most important weight training benefits for women.
• Increasing the overall levels of energy as well as strength, immunity and resistance in the body, thereby reducing the risks of several health problems like aches, pains and diseases.
• Reducing blood pressure, as well as the risk of developing diabetes or heart related problems
• Improving a person’s balance and overall coordination, which is excellent for those who are into sports
Most people focus only on the weight training benefits for men, believing that one of the most important weight training benefits is adding bulk to the body. However, this is not necessarily true as women too can benefit a lot from weight training, without developing big muscles. Instead, by following the right weight training tips for women, they can tone up their bodies, which can help them maintain their slim and slender look.
An excess of just about anything can be harmful and weight training is no different from that. Though rare, there are certain weight training side effects that can be seen by people who work out for an excessive period of time. Moreover, it is important to realize that weight training can be very dangerous for children and therefore should be strictly avoided by them. In fact, weight training is generally not recommended for people who are below the age of 20. in caser teenagers or children do engage in this exercise they could experience some of the weight training side effects, like premature closing of the growth plates, which in turn leads to stunted growth.
Even though there are several weight training benefits that are known of, it is best for people to get a “go ahead” from the doctor, before engaging in this exercise. This is all the more important for those who are aged or suffering from any medical condition. Although there are several free weight training tips that are easily available, it is best to consult a fitness coach or trainer for proper weight training tips, in order to enhance a workout routine and minimize the risks of any injuries or side effects. It is only natural that the weight training tips for men may be slightly different from the weight training tips for women; similarly weight training guidelines for the elderly should differ a bit from those followed by younger people. Therefore it is best to consult a proper trainer, for professional tips in order to maximize the weight training benefits.