GM Diet Side Effects
It is necessary to learn about the General Motors Diet or GM Diet before we discuss the GM diet side effects . The General Motors Diet plan was supposedly made by General Motor’s for use by its employees. The GM diet is a 7 day diet which requires you to eat a particular kind of food/foods on each day. 10 glasses of water is compulsory on each of these 7 days. A brief look at the GM diet is given below:-
- Day 1: Eat any number of fruits except for bananas.
- Day2: Start the day off with a baked potato. Eat any amount of raw or cooked vegetables today.
- Day 3: An unlimited amount of fruits and vegetables is permitted today. Bananas and potatoes are excluded.
- Day 4: Drink up to 3 glasses of milk and eat up to 8 bananas.
- Day 5: Small lean portions of beef or chicken and 6 tomatoes.
- Day 6: You are allowed unlimited amounts of lean meats (chicken and fish) or cottage cheese and vegetables.
- Day 7: Brown rice, fruit juice and all the vegetables on this day.
General Motors Diet Risks, Dangers
While many people praise the GM diet plan outlined above, as they lose weight, there are others who say that the GM diet does pose certain risks that may outweigh the benefits. GM diet reviews show that some people find it hard to follow such a rigid diet and experience giddiness or hunger cravings by day three or four. Others say that the GM diet’s main shortcoming stems from the excessive restrictions on food. Such a diet cannot be continued in the long run and has far reaching consequences as well. One of the major problems with the GM diet is that this diet also cuts out many valuable nutrients that are needed daily. Health risks of the GM diet also include severe hair loss, dry skin, headaches, fatigue, anemia and general weakness as well. The risks of GM foods or rather the foods in the GM diet are that they are low calorie foods and could therefore lead to a severe micro nutrient deficiency. A possible fallout from following the GM diet plan could also include depleting the body of energy. The plan is a low energy diet plan and not everyone can withstand this low energy intake. The problems with GM food in this diet are that they may cause metabolic slowdown. Also while you may feel you have lost weight, it is more likely that you have lost water weight. This is gained back easily once you start eating regular food.