Home remedies and diet for losing weight:
I want to reduce weight can you please suggest some diet plans & effective home remedies for this?
Diet plans for weight loss are all individualized depending on the various factors like age, sex, body weight, height, likes and dislikes, presence of any medical history, level of physical activity and lifestyle. But weight loss should be a healthy process that involves a combination of both diet and exercise. Avoid any starvation diet or fad diets which involve restriction of more than one food group. These diets will definitely help you lose weight but the weight that is lost is mainly water loss and the weight gain after returning back to your normal lifestyle is more than before. Try the following diet tips and home remedies for losing weight –
- Set a realistic goal to lose not more than half kg per week.
Eat at regular intervals; avoid starving as this will lead to more food consumption in the subsequent meals.
- Eat a healthy balanced meal comprising of whole cereals, grains and its products, pulses, sprouts, beans and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Before starting a meal eat a bowl full of raw vegetable salad, but remember not to add any fatty dressing in the salad like mayonnaise or French dressing as this will serve no purpose. Instead choose simple dressings that will help make your salads more palatable like salt, pepper, vinegar or lime juice.
- A good home remedy for weight loss is fenugreek seeds. You can soak 10 gm of fenugreek seeds at night in a cup of water and chew them in the morning on an empty stomach with the water. Similarly soak another 10 gm of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water in the morning and consume those 30 minutes before having dinner. Fenugreeks seeds have fiber in it which when consumed tend to swell in the stomach and give a feeling of satiety and thus you will consume less of other fatty foods in your meal.
- Drink a lot of water in the day, many a times when you don’t drink water for long period of time you feel hungry but actually you are thirsty. So learn to identify between hunger and thirst and act accordingly.
- Avoid consuming fatty, oily and fried foods, junk foods, processed, refined, canned foods, sweetened beverages, bakery foods, sweets, colas and sodas in the day.
- Exercise regularly. Choose any kind of physical activity of your choice which burns enough calories like swimming, jogging, brisk walking, skipping, or playing table tennis. Increase the intensity and duration gradually and perform the task for more than 30 minutes to ensure fat loss from the body.