Healthy Salads With Avocado And Grapefruit
No. of Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 00 minutes
Avocado Grapefruit Salad Ingredients:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp water
salt to taste
dash of cayenne
1 bunch arugula
2 pink grapefruit, sectioned and peeled
2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
wedge of Parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Using a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, yogurt, olive oil, salt, water and cayenne. Keep this aside until required.
- Take the arugula, clean it and take off the stems. Divide the arugula on four separate chilled plates. To each plate add a topping of avocado and grapefruit.
- Then proceed to slice the Parmesan section into thin pieces. This can be done using a potato peeler. Use approximately 5-6 slices of parmesan per plate of salad. Next drizzle the yogurt dressing over and add a sprinkling of pine nuts.
- Round off each salad with a dash of freshly ground pepper and place a freshly picked blackberry on top for garnishing. The salad is ready to serve.
- An avocado and grapefruit salad features a wide array of lovely textures and tastes for all palates.
This salad is low in saturated fats, sodium and cholesterol
- Citrus fruits like grapefruit play a vital role in keeping skin looking healthier and younger. This is because of the antioxidant Vitamin C which is found in this fruit is required in the formation of collagen. Collagen is that protein which helps bind tissues and cells together. Thus it helps to keep the skin firm and thus wrinkle free.
- Silica which is another ingredient found in all plant based foods helps to maintain elasticity of one’s skin and thus aids in improving complexion.
- Avocados can be termed as a complete food with approximately fourteen minerals. These help in the stimulation of growth. Potassium and sodium present in avocados help to keep the body chemically balanced.
- Also because they are low in sugar and do not have any starch, they are perfect fruit for those suffering from diabetes or those who are hypoglycemic. Avocados also have Vitamin A, C, E and several B complex. They also contain magnesium and phosphorus.
- Avocados are high in density and hence are filling like bananas. But they are perfect for athletes as they are a digestible slow burning fuel.