Home Remedies for Vitamin B 12 Deficiency
Vitamin B 12 or Cobalamin is a part of the Vitamin B complex group. Vitamin B 12 plays a very important role in the human body. Like all the B Vitamins, it is an important part. Vitamin B 12 helps in brain function and growth, spinal cord health, the nervous system, and blood formation. It is also beneficial in maintaining alertness and memory, to counter Asthma, to counter depression, to maintain sperm motility and production. Vitamin B 12 deficiency is a common condition and can be handled if one manages his or her diet. The symptoms of Vitamin B 12 deficiency are like that of any vital vitamin loss. It is important that one does not panic when any of these symptoms are spotted. The main symptoms of Vitamin B 12 deficiency are:
- Spots on legs and other parts of the body
- Loss or complete lack of appetite
- Shortness of breath and heaving
- Weakness and anemia
- Sore mouth/ tongue
- Confusion and the inability to concentrate
One must not be entirely conclusive of this deficiency if one or two of these symptoms occur, you may or may not have this condition. However it is best to be sure and calm about handling it. Vitamin B 12 deficiency can be countered through diet monitoring. You share of Vitamin B 12 can be attained through the daily food you consume. It can be found in a variety of sources ranging from meat to dairy. Cereals, soy products and yeast are also rich in Vitamin B 12. You can get Vitamin B 12 through the following sources of vitamin b 12:
- Consume Oysters and Clams
- Fish like Bass, Bluefish and Salmon have been found to be helpful
- Lean -Ground or Tenderloin beef can be eaten
- Light meat such as Turkey and chicken are good for the vitamin
- Pork loin has also been found to be a useful source.
- You can also have Cottage cheese, yogurt and milk along with Eggs.
You can counter this deficiency and get enough Vitamin B 12 in your body by consuming the above mentioned food items. You need to regulate your diet and consume these items in measured quantities. Do not over-eat of it might further complicate things. Stick to a balanced diet and incorporate parts of the items mentioned above to see results. Do not drastically change you eating habits around, however bring down the junk food and consume dairy products and other items.