What should the diet chart for glowing skin be?
You are what you eat! Your skin reflects your eating habits and so it is important that you follow a regular healthy diet. Food that is rich in fiber, high in minerals and vitamins, and contains an adequate amount of good fat and protein is usually the right kind of food for glowing skin. Your food chart for glowing skin needs to include a larger proportion of foods like fruits, vegetables and healthy fat.
You can follow this basic diet plan for glowing skin.
It is important to consult a specialist if you have particular dietary or medical needs.
- Breakfast can be a bowl of oatmeal or porridge with fruit and low fat milk. You can have whole wheat toast with an egg too. You should avoid readymade cereals as they tend to be high in sugar and preservatives.
- Lunch can be a light lunch of a salad with one portion of protein. Options in protein are healthy animal protein like lean chicken or fish. You can have cottage cheese, tofu or lentils as a vegetarian substitute to animal protein.
- The mid-day meal is also important in case you have a late breakfast and choose to skip lunch. Eat a fruit like an apple or a pear. Such a fruit tends to regulate body sugar and keep you feeling full longer. You can thus avoid a junk food binge before dinner.
- Dinner becomes an important meal because the night is the longest stretch without fuel for the body and also the time for the skin to repair and heal itself. Eat lighter at night, with a higher intake of fruits and vegetables.
Do remember to drink plenty of water and fluids as part of this balanced diet plan. Fresh fruit juices are a great way to rehydrate your system.
What foods improve skin complexion?
There are foods that you can include in your diet in order to improve your skin complexion but these foods cannot guarantee a clear skin. Like all holistic treatments, along with eating well, you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle for lasting results.
The skin is the largest organ of the body. Any imbalance in the body is manifested in the skin in the form of eruptions and rashes, or a lack or excess of oil. A diet rich in vitamins and minerals improves your complexion and reduces the severity of skin eruptions. These are some of the best foods to improve skin complexion:
- Green, leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, collard greens
- Dairy products: cheese, yogurt, milk
- Protein foods: eggs, fish, meat
Fruits also play a big role in a healthy diet. Fruits provide fiber along with vitamins and minerals. Fruits for improving skin complexion are fruits in the citrus family, watermelon, avocado, berries, papaya, cantaloupe and musk melons. You can sprinkle crushed nuts and seeds over your fruit platter to increase its nutritive value.
Are fruits and vegetables juices good to improve skin complexion?
Including fruit and vegetable juices in your diet is the first step towards a good complexion. However, remember that this alone will not keep your skin healthy; you need to follow a healthy diet, exercise on a regular basis, and have good hygiene habits to ensure that your skin is free of blemishes.
Fruits and vegetables have a high vitamin and mineral content and they are also a great source of fluids which hydrate your skin and prevent excessive drying. You can include plenty of salads and fresh juices in your diet. Some of the best juices to improve skin tone are:
- Carrot juice
- Peach juice
- Watermelon juice
- Cantaloupe juice
Some of the vegetables to improve skin color include spinach, lettuce, celery, and kale. Tomatoes and broccoli contain lycopene which has antioxidant benefits. It is also important to remember that eating these vegetables and fruits has a better effect on your skin than drinking their juices.
How to use papaya and lemon juice for skin lightening?
There are many different natural remedies to lighten your skin. You cannot change your original skin tone but by eliminating your tan, you can get a lighter skin complexion. Lemon juice is commonly used in natural treatments to get rid of a skin tan and/or other blemishes. Papaya is also often used in skin conditioning creams and lotions. This is how you can use papaya and lemon juice for skin lightening:
- Peel and grate a raw papaya.
- Place the papaya in a small bowl and add fresh lemon juice to it so that the juice just covers the top of the grated papaya.
- Allow this to sit undisturbed for 30 minutes.
- Cover a clean glass with a piece of muslin and strain the papaya and lemon juice mixture.
- You can pour this liquid into a small bottle and refrigerate it.
- Apply this natural skin lightening serum to your face and arms before you turn in for the night.
Papaya contains ascorbic acid, which when combined with lactic acid, makes a great lightening mask. Papaya pulp combined with sour cream, yogurt or buttermilk can be used to lighten skin blemishes. The citric acid in lemons is also good for lightening the skin.