Diet plan for ideal body weight
Considering your height which is 178 cms your ideal body weight should be 77kg. Hence you are not at all overweight. You have an ideal body weight. But you need to maintain it so that it does not lead to obesity or underweight. Your daily diet itself can be modified for healthy living. You don’t need a very strict diet plan. You can bring flexibility in the diet pattern. Substituting certain unhealthy foods with nutritious diet itself is enough. You can have outside foods but it is necessary to balance it out with healthy foods once you reach home. You can have a small bowl of fruit salads or sprouted salads
Exercise is important for maintaining an ideal body weight. You can perform General exercises like cycling, jogging or brisk walking. Exercise is helpful for muscle development and for enhancing strength and endurance.
Certain guidelines that can be helpful for diet plan are:
- Make a list of foods that are generally consumed in your family. Also add the foods that you like and dislike and foods that are avoided.
- There is no hard and fast rule you should follow the food items that are given in the diet chart. You can substitute the food with any healthier option.
- Do not avoid or skip a meal as it is unhealthy.
- Maintain an interval of 2 or 2 1/2 hours between the two meals.
- Drink ample quantities of fluid everyday, up to 8 to 10 glasses.
Include all the food groups daily in order to achieve all the nutrients in correct amounts.
- Reduce if not avoid the intake of convenience foods, junk foods and processed foods.
A diet plan that can be beneficial for healthy living is:
Early morning: A glass of low fat milk. Can add powdered supplements to the milk.
- Breakfast: Sandwiches with brown bread and vegetables. Or Steamed pancakes with honey Or Vegetable omelet with bread.
- Have a glass of fresh fruit juice.
- Mid morning: A glass of tender coconut water.
- Lunch: 2 roasted wheat tortillas with a bowl of mixed vegetable preparation. A bowl of rice and pulse preparation and yogurt.
- Early evening: A glass of skimmed milk and 2 fiber biscuits.
- Late evening: A small bowl of semolina preparation.
- Dinner: A bowl of soup with cream added. 2 mixed cereals tortilla with lean meat preparation or legume preparation, a small bowl green salad. One small bowl dessert.
Irregular fat distribution in your body may be due to lack of regular exercise. Hence make sure that you take at least 30-40 mins of brisk walk daily. Push-ups and sun salutation pose of yoga can also help you exercise your abdominal muscles; if done regularly.
Read BMI and bmi chart to know your height and weight ratio.