Easy Workout And Diet To Treat Hunger And MalnutritionIn this era of mall and café culture, children are more inclined towards eating junk foods which are high in calories and fats. These foods may appear filling for a while, but they actually make you starve. Also, children may not be keen on eating healthy and nutritious foods, which may lead to hunger and thereby malnutrition.
When human beings are in their formative stage, i.e. when they are young, special attention must be given to their diet and eating patterns for the normal growth and development of their body and mind. As such, it is essential to fight hunger and malnutrition in children to ensure normal development of the body.
Tips To Fight Hunger And Malnutrition In Children
- Children must be served meals on time.
Untimely eating habits lead to hunger and starvation, which in turn leads to the consumption of junk and unhealthy foods by children. As such, timely meals are of great significance to fight hunger.
- The meals that you serve to your children must be wholesome and filling but also palatable. Small children especially often refuse to eat foods that they do not find tasty. Use simple healthy methods to increase the palatability of foods.
- You can add more herbs or lemon juice to dishes to add flavor. You can also add fresh fruit juices to desserts to sweeten them.
- In order to protect children from malnutrition, you must ensure that your children’s diet is well balanced.
- You must include all kinds of nutrients in your children’ diet. Their diet must contain carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- You can supplement carbohydrates in your children’s diet by including foods like potatoes and cereals.
- The best sources of proteins for kids are milk and milk products, pulses, and meat.
- Vitamins and minerals are vital for the normal growth and development of children. The major sources of these nutrients are vegetables and fruits. Some of the must-have vegetables in a children’s diet are cauliflower, asparagus, turnip garlic, onions, broccoli, beet, celery, chili peppers, chicory, spinach, garden cress, turnip, and green beans.
- The fruits that must be included in the diet of your kids are mangoes, pineapples, raspberries, strawberries, cranberries, apples, tangerines, papayas, peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, etc. citrus fruits like grapefruits, lemons, and oranges.
- Some salad foods like cabbage, cucumber, onion, radish, tomatoes, carrot, and lettuce also very high in vitamins and minerals.
- You must also include a lot of fluids in the diet of your children. The recommended fluids are water and natural juices.
- These are a few tips to avert hunger and malnutrition in children. A healthy and balanced diet is required for the normal development of children.