Exercise Tips for Weight Loss and Tummy Fat Reduction
Most women gain fat around their abdominal region. No matter what you call it, a baby belly or mummy tummy, it is often embarrassing. I can understand your situation but it’s you who will have to work towards it. Try the following dietary and lifestyle modifications to lose weight and your belly fat.
When you plan to lose weight don’t just focus on spot reduction, or only on your tummy, but focus on whole body reduction. This is because it is unnatural to lose weight only from your tummy and have bulky thighs. The only way to reduce your belly fat is by losing your overall weight with the help of a balanced diet and regular exercise.
Tips for Successful Weight Loss
- Watch your diet carefully and eliminate all the empty calories from your diet, as the foods that provide empty calories are very low in other essential nutrients required for good health.
- Focus on lean fibrous carbohydrates from fresh fruits and vegetables, whole cereals, grains and its products, whole pulses, sprouts, beans and legumes. These foods are not only rich in many vital nutrients but are also low in total fat. Avoid the consumption of refined carbohydrates and simple sugars altogether as this is one of the major reasons for weight gain around the tummy.
- Avoid fried foods, fatty foods, junk foods, processed foods, canned foods, refined foods, sweets, chocolates, and bakery foods like cakes, pastries, cookies; sweetened artificial drinks and juices, carbonated beverages, sodas and colas.
- Include lean good quality protein in your diet in the form of lean cuts of poultry, lean meat, egg whites, fish and fat free or low fat dairy products. However avoid the consumption of organ meats, shell fish and egg yolks as they are high in cholesterol and saturated fats.
- Your cooking method is very important. Use a non stick pan preferably to cook your vegetables and poultry. For instance fish is a very healthy food and has natural healthy fatty acids – omega 3 fatty acids. But if you fry the fish remember the frying destroys all the healthy fatty acids and other nutrients. So instead use other healthy methods like baking, steaming, boiling or grilling instead of deep frying or shallow frying with lots of oil.
- Besides these dietary changes, exercise is equally important to lose weight. Focus on strengthening exercises especially for your midsection like pelvic tilts, crunches and scissor kicks.